Chapter -16

The hospital corridor felt cold and sterile as Maya walked with heavy steps, her heart weighed down by the unbearable reality that awaited her. The fluorescent lights flickered above, casting an eerie glow that seemed to magnify the emptiness in her chest. Each step felt like a monumental effort, a painful journey towards a truth she desperately wished she could deny.

The room where Atharv's body lay felt suffocating as Maya pushed open the door. The air was thick with an unspoken grief that seemed to envelop her, squeezing her heart with an iron grip. She stood at the threshold, her vision blurred by a cascade of tears that she could no longer hold back.

Atharv lay before her, his form peaceful yet lifeless. Maya's breath caught in her throat as she gazed upon the man who had once been the center of her world, now reduced to a still figure on a cold hospital bed. Her fingers trembled as she reached out, her touch tentative as if afraid to disturb the slumber of his eternal rest.

"Maya," a soft voice broke through her thoughts, and Maya turned to find Priya standing beside her, her eyes filled with empathy and compassion.

Priya's presence was a lifeline in the sea of grief that threatened to engulf Maya. She pulled Maya into a gentle embrace, allowing her to release the torrent of emotions that had been building within. Maya's sobs echoed through the room, a raw expression of her pain and heartache.

"I can't believe he's gone, Priya. It feels like a nightmare," Maya choked out between sobs.

Priya held her close, her own eyes moist with unshed tears. "I know, Maya. It's unimaginable, and your pain is valid."

As Maya clung to Priya, the weight of her loss became almost too much to bear. She thought of the dreams they had shared, the future they had envisioned, and the love they had nurtured. It was as if a part of her had been torn away, leaving behind an ache that seemed insurmountable.

Slowly, Priya led Maya to a nearby chair, helping her sit down as they both faced the reality of Atharv's absence. The room felt heavy with the weight of their grief, yet Priya's presence brought a sense of solace and understanding.

"Maya, I can't even begin to comprehend what you're going through. But I want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what," Priya spoke softly, her words a lifeline of support.

Maya wiped away her tears, her gaze fixed on Atharv's still form. "He was so full of life, Priya. And now... it's just gone."

Priya reached out and took Maya's hand in hers, her touch a silent reassurance. "It's okay to mourn, Maya. To remember him for the incredible person he was."

As the hours passed, Maya and Priya shared stories and memories of Atharv, their laughter mingling with tears as they celebrated his life and the impact he had on those around him. Maya's heartache remained, but the presence of her friend provided a glimmer of light in the midst of the darkness.

Eventually, as night descended upon the city, Maya and Priya made their way out of the hospital room. The journey back to their apartment was a silent one, the weight of the day's emotions still lingering in the air.

Inside the apartment, Priya gently guided Maya to the couch, helping her settle down amidst a sea of pillows and blankets. Maya's eyes were red from crying, her expression a mix of exhaustion and sorrow.

Priya sat down beside her, her presence a constant comfort. "Maya, I know this pain is overwhelming right now. But you're not alone. We'll get through this together."

Maya nodded, her voice a mere whisper. "Thank you, Priya. I don't know what I would do without you."

Priya smiled softly, her eyes filled with warmth. "You don't have to do anything alone, Maya. We're in this together, every step of the way."

As Maya closed her eyes, Priya's words echoed in her mind like a soothing lullaby. In the midst of her grief, she found solace in the unwavering support of her friend. The road ahead was uncertain, but Maya knew that with Priya by her side, she could face whatever challenges lay ahead. And as the city of Bangalore continued to buzz with life outside their window, Maya and Priya found solace in the quiet bond of friendship that was a beacon of light in the darkest of times.

If u all like this chapter thn plz vote