-

Tommy leaned over, drawing a black star in diary that Grace was writing in.

"Black star? What does that mean"

"The black star day" he began. "Is the day we take out Billy Kimber and his men. No one knows this"

"Not even your family?" she asked.

"Grace" he turned, opening the door. "Everyone in my family hates me. Why would i tell them"

"That daughter of yours doesn't seem to hate you" she frowned. "Trust me, she hates me" he whispered, leaving the room.

-

Delilah stood inside the gym, watching Ron fight a boy, Reggie beside her. "Go on Ron" Reggie cheered.

"He's off the bloody rails is what he is" She heard Johns voice as he entered the gym. "If he'll turn nose on his best mate"

He was talking about Tommy. She turned away again, not wanting to listen.

"Bloody neighbours John, snitch behind the curtain" Arthur said, laying eyes on his niece. "Yeah well if you think that your the only one who does"

"Look at this look," they approached the ring closest to them. "Bloody raking it in. Who's running this carny"

"Name of Marston" the small man said. "Intends on wintering in Small Heath with this ring"

"Does he?"

"Only heard. Nobody in Small Heath craps in a pot without the decree of Tommy Almighty" John sneered.

"Mr Marston i believe. The ringmaster" he shouted. "Proud i am to say so" he nodded at the brothers.

"Yeah well these here are civilised parts. Man wants to set his stall up with fellas lamping each other" Arthur sat, "he needs himself a license"

"A license?"

"For a fee. From those in charge" he poured beer on to the floor. "I'll tell you what, how about i keep my money, and you shove a license up your arse crack" the man spat.

"You don't want to speak to me like that" Arthur warned.

"And who the bloody hell do you think you are?"

Suddenly another man began shouting. "My name, is Arthur Shelby"

Delilah turned,her mouth open. "That's my grandad" she whispered.

John and Arthur stared at him blankly, slightly in shock. "Dad?" Arthur asked. Delilah rushed to her uncles, standing beside John.

The older man turned around, smiling.

"Jesus" he laughed.

-

Lilah stood beside the table, under Johns arm whilst Arthur placed a plate of food in front of his dad.

"Thank you. You are a good boy" he nodded. He looked down, clasping his hands together. "Bless thee, Father, for these bounties we are about to receive"

Delilah scowled, looking him up and down, staring at the man who she hadn't seen in 10 years.

"Jesus christ" Polly muttered, looking away. "Please, woman, not in vain"

"Finish your sandwich and sling your hook" Polly stared at him. "Pollyanna, i'm the guest of the head of this family"

"I don't think you are.." Delilah argued against his words.

"The head of the family ain't here" John corrected, "Tommy" Arthur whispered. "He sometimes helps me with..with business, Dad"

"Why did you come back, no one wants you here" Delilah insulted. "Oh Delilah, don't you just look like your mother,"

"Francis, you have grown to be truly beautiful" he smiled.

"You're all grown up" he raised his hands. "You'd have seen me grow up if you didn't fuck off" Delilah smiled sarcastically.

The door opened, Tommy entering seconds later.

"Aye well, speak of the devil" Her dad sat straight. Tommy froze, looking at the older man. "How are you son?"

"Get out"

"Come on, son" he tilted his head, "i'm a changed man"

"This family needed you ten years ago. And you walked out on us. Not now. Get out of this house and stay away from my daughter"

"Tommy, he's different" Arthur pleaded, staring at the table.

"Shut up"

"It's all right son, Arthur Shelby never stays where he's not welcome" he picked up his coat from the chair.

"Quite something you've become" he nodded to Tommy.

"Bye son" her dad rubbed Finn's hair. He nodded slightly at Delilah and walked away.

Finns head followed his dad who was walking away. John pulled his shoulder back.

"He's our dad" Arthur whisper. Tommy scoffed. "He's a selfish bastard"

"You calling someone a selfish bastard" Arthur asked. "that's a bit rich tommy"

"Arthur stop" Delilah spoke.

"I mean, thanks to you, we're already down a bloody sister" he said, referring to Ada. "That wasn't his fault, why will no one listen" She shouted, getting angry.

"You want to see him Arthur? You want to see him?" Tom pointed at the door.

"You go with him"

Arthur got out of his chair, walking to the door, slamming it behind him.