The unstoppable force of '1989'

In honor of the TV being announced, here's why 1989 is so unstoppable, even now. 

First of all, it was an outstanding, infectious, catchy pop album when that sort of thing was trending big-time. It was exactly the kind of album the world needed released at the exact moment we needed it the most. If you time it right, certain albums can become insane successes, and that's what 1989 became (they don't call Taylor a mastermind for nothing). 

Second of all, mainstream radio is one of the ways her album became so popular. And pretty much every single song, give or take a couple of slow tracks, is radio-playable- especially "Blank Space," "Style," and the stratospherically famous "Shake it Off." 

Third, there are literally no skips on this album. Zero skips. I will admit, though reluctantly, that even my favorites, evermore and reputation have some skippable songs. Yes, I would skip a couple of tracks on Lover and folklore, even Red (Taylor's Version)! But not in 1989. I could listen to every single song on there a billion times and never tire from it. The rest of the world felt that way which is why it remained at number one on the charts for so long and is still there to this day. 

Finally, it was a much-needed departure from common themes of heartbreak or sadness, or longing (or all three) that Swift's songs usually centered upon. Not to say all of her songs are about that, but ask any person and those are usually the topics they will give you. Simply because most of her popular songs have those themes prominently present. However, 1989 is just love. Not the real, love-him-so-much-my-heart-hurts love like in Lover, but the casual, bubbly crushes and fun. There were still some heart-throbbing tracks on the album, but Taylor managed to write it in a way where it was less sad or negative and more... um... *sighs in pure beautiful lyricism* Yeah. More like that.

In conclusion, 1989 is an unstoppable poppable album because everything about it is perfect, from the time in which it was released to the genre to the tracks to the lyrics to the beat that gets you up and jumping every single time. Here's to what will most certainly be the most successful re-recording in history.