nine

"Iris, get up right now, we're going to Jake's

"Iris, get up right now, we're going to Jake's. I need to know what's wrong with him." Iris groans, rolling over in bed to be greeted with Bella's concerned face.

"Later Bella, I'm sleeping," Iris mutters, flipping over in bed once more. Bella doesn't let her rest, shaking her until she jumps out of bed.

"What do you want?" Iris mumbles, rubbing her eyes until they're red and sore. Her skin was waxy and pale, reminding her of the time of the Deadpool.

Iris takes two paracetamols, trying to ease the overwhelming headache she feels. Bella doesn't seem to care, packing her stuff into a bag. But then again, Bella never really had cared.

"Iris, let's go," she snaps, Iris dutifully following behind her, like a lost puppy. Bella roughly grabs her arm as she pushes her into the truck. Iris flops on the seat, trying to ignore the growling feeling in her stomach.

"Iris, you're killing yourself," Scott growls, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. Iris shakes it off, eyes red as she glowers at the computer screen.

"I have to stop the Deadpool, Scott, I have to. For Boyd and Erica." She rubs her eyes, taking another sip of caffeine to desperately try to stay awake. She had to crack the Deadpool. People were dying. Brett had already been targeted, and she couldn't handle another one of her best friends dying. She couldn't go through the pain again.

"I know you do. But you can't do it alone. Please, let us help you. Let me help you, let Isaac help you, hell, let Derek help you. We need you alive Iris, not dead." Scott presses his lips against Iris's forehead. Iris shoves him off, slamming her hands on her desk.

"30 million, Scott. 30 million. That's how much I'm worth on the Deadpool. That's more than anyone, even you. I can't die Scott. I can't. I'm too young to die, we're all just kids. All of us, even you. You're not invincible Scott, even if you are an alpha." Iris let's the tears fall, and Scott engulfs her in a hug.

"You're not going to die Iris, I promise you that. But this isn't the way to go about handling things. You're not eating, you're barely sleeping. It's scaring us all, especially Stiles. You saw how he got when the nogitsune took over. You need help. Let us help you." Iris sinks to the floor, sobbing into her hands.

"I can solve it Scott. I can, I'm sure I can." Scott sighs softly, collapsing next to her.

"I don't doubt that Iris. You and Lydia are some of the smartest people I know. But you must let us help you, please."

"Scott? Scott, are you up there?" Stiles's voice comes floating up the stairs, Iris letting out a fresh wave of tears at the sound of her brother from another mother.