29 isnt it strange

"Isn't it strange
How people can CHANGE
From strangers to friends
Friends into LOVERS
And strangers again?"

strange
celeste

cali sat swinging on the hammock, having a couple of minutes alone to herself to take everything in.

pope was filling them in on his new discovery of his family tree when limberly and her guard dog appeared, threatening them once again. but jj swapped the keys last minute, giving the lady john b's fathers old key instead, trading it for the recording that was evidence against ward. they drove to the police station right away and john b handed it over, finally proving his innocence and the cameron's guilt.

"you okay over here?" jj asked, walking up to the girl from the house.

"yeah, just...processing it all." cali sighed.

"processing..." jj mocked, handing her the lit joint. "haven't gotten to talk to you since..."

"since i drunkenly rambled and revealed we're siblings." cali finished the sentence. jj lightly laughed, nodding. "yeah it's been a crazy few days."

"sorry you traded one shity family for another."

"at least i got you this time." cali smiled up at him. "you just have to promise not to lock me up in a tiny room."

jjs eyes widened before he nodded slowly, "yeah, okay, i can promise that. you're right though, at least we got each other now. better than what ever i had before." he pointed to the spot on his temple where there was still a very faint bruise from a week ago.

"very true." cali rolled up her short sleeve, revealing a small scar across her upper arm. "this is from my fifteenth birthday. a glass bottle." cali mimicked the throwing hand.

jj winced, "oh, that's a bad one."

"yeah, well the bullet wound kind of takes away from it."

jj let out a laugh, "yeah i can see that. anyway, come on, we've got some celebrations to do."

cali smiled and stood up, doing the pogue handshake with jj, "hell yeah."

꧁❦꧂

the three girls sat outside on the porch while the boys celebrated their victory inside, their cheers being heard through the window.

"ladies and gentlemen, ward cameron, king of the kooks, is going to jail!" jj cheered from inside the chateau. they other two boys cheered along and laughed with him.

"do you regret it?" kiara asked sarah once the other two girls saw the daughters frown.

"no." sarah shook her head. "he deserves all of it, and i know that."

"he's still your dad, sarah. you can have mixed emotions. i get it, literally." cali gave her a sympathetic smile.

sarah's phone ran from its spot on the couch's arm. she picked it up and looked at it before standing up, apologising to the girls that she had to take it.

"i hope she's okay." kiara sighed as sarah walked off.

"at least she has us, it's something i didn't have." cali said. kiara gave the girl an apologetic smile. cali cleared her throat, wanting to change the conversation, "so what's up with you and pope?"

"uh, i don't know. i just think we are better off as friends, and i can't tell if he feels the same or not."

"just give him some time." cali told the girl, glancing in at the boy was celebrating.