011 Mistakes were Made

"You drew STARS around my scarsBut now I'm BLEEDIN'"

But now I'm BLEEDIN'"

cardigan
taylor swift

a month and a half had passsed since calista and her family were on the island of the obx. two weeks earlier calista had got the "we such talk when you get back" text from topper, which made the idea of getting back a whole lot worse. other than that all the texts had been the same, "did you know?", "i can't believe you would do something like this." and so on.

her parents barely talked either. calista knew very little about how much they had lost or what they would do next, but to be honest, she didn't care. she lost hope of going back to her life before everything.

the reality hit her when she stood infront of their new house, if it could even be called that, on the worst part of the cut. it was the type of neighbour where you couldn't walk alone, even in broad daylight. the type of place where you don't get visitors, where you could be dead in your house for a month and no one would know.

calistas room had nothing but a mattress, a small wooden wardrobe and a couple of shelves that calista wouldn't trust to hold a feather. the were holes in the wall and the window never seemed to close properly. there were also stains in the roof from past leaks that made the whole place smell damp and disgusting.

two days later, word was beginning to get around of the montgomerys return, rude and threatening messages being slide into their mailbox or taped to their door. calista figured it was time to face the music. she would have to go talk to topper sooner or later, best to get it over with.

she couldn't even cycle over to his house because they had sold her bike in hopes to make some money, along with most stuff she had left behind on her birthday. so instead, she hoped onto her dad's motorcycle. it was the only thing of value that he had selfishly kept. he was never sober enough to operate it anyway, but it provided a quick escape for the girl. she enjoyed it, feeling the wind in her hair. she felt free. no one would be able to know it's her with the helmet, and even if they did they wouldn't be able to catch up with her in time.

she parked the bike at the bottom of toppers long driveway, worried that if his parents are home and would hear her. she walked up the hill, noticing the side door open, figuring it would be better than ringing the bell.

"what the actual hell?" she let the word's escape from her lips in an airy gasp as she saw sarah cameron, her best friend, sitting on the counter, in the middle of a make out session with topper.

the two heads darted to the frozen girl, their eyes widened as the realised who it was. "wow." calista scoffed and she spun around and started walking away from the house.