013 A Midsummer Nights Dream

"There's really no way of WINNING
If in their eyes
you'll always be a dumb BLONDE"

blue hair
tv girl

cali spent the rest of the day at home, sitting on her bed either reading or listening to music. she was half asleep on her bed, thinking about that morning when she heard a bang. she cautiously pulled her earphones out, looking around her. she froze when she saw her window began to slide open. she sat up slowly, reaching over for her pocket knife and flicking it open. she held her breath, terrified of what could happen.

she let out a loud sigh as jjs head popped up. "what the hell j?!" she yelled at the boy. "i didn't know who the fuck you were! it's-...good to know you're alive i guess, but what the hell man?"

she stopped her yelling as she saw the boys finger over his mouth, telling her to be quiet. "they're watching us cee." he said suspiciously.

"who?"

"have you been here all day?" jj asked looking into the room, his tone serious. "has anyone else been?"

"no. it's just been me, i came here after everything this morning waiting for john b to get home. why?"

"grab your bag. we gotta warn john b." with that, jj crept away from the window again.

cali sighed before picking up her bag and anything she needed before jumping out her window where jj was pressed against the wall, peering over the edge. "okay what is going on?" cali hissed at him.

"there." jj pointed to the front of the house. "there's a black suv."

"okay, but are you okay jj? what happened this morning? why was pope getting arrested? and what's wrong with you lip?" cali looking at the large red cut down the entire of the boys bottom lip.

"nothing." jj said which only got a roll of eyes from cali who very well knew the answer. "listen, after topper and rafe jumped pope, i couldn't let that shit stand, okay? so me and pope took the plug out of toppers new boat, sinking it. that's the truth."

"no it's not." cali knew he was lying. jjs lord might've fooled anyone else but cali could make out the whole story from his eyes. "pope did it, and you took the fall for him because you knew he wouldn't be able to get his scholarship with that on his record. am i right?"

"yeah...okay? you're right." jj sighed, knowing he couldn't lie to her again.

"okay, so why are people stalking us?"

"that...i have no idea." jj looked back over. "shit there's john b." jj crept forward as john b walked around the other side of the shed. jj jumped up behind him, putting a hand around his mouth which only triggered john bs fight or flight instincts, kicking the boy down and pinning him to the ground.

"john b!" cali hissed, running forward to save jj.

"stop stop its me!" jj panicked, stopping john b just in time before he could punch jj.

"what are you two doing?" john b yelled at the two.

"shh!" cali hissed as him as jj brought his hand up to john bs mouth, silencing him. jj pulled the boy over and the three hid behind the surf boards as jj pointed to the black car tucked away in the trees. "see that? they're watching us, okay?"

"who?" john b asked

"how would we know?" cali replied quietly.

"let's go. sneak around to the dock." jj lead them to the river. the placed their bags on their heads, sneaking around to the dock, walking through the grassy water.