014 i should hate you

"Livin' in a movie I've watched and
Funny 'cause I couldn't have called it
Met you at the RIGHT TIME
This is what it feels like"

feels like
gracie abrams

tw: suicidal thoughts

"i'm sorry, you're staying where?" kiara asked john b as she walked over to the counter, getting drinks for the group.

"tanny hill." john b said as if it was nothing.

"so you're living with sarah cameron." kie carried over the tray, john b following behind her.

"okay look, the only reason i'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? and it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where i was about to go if ward didn't-"

"hey so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" pope cut off him.

"i don't know pope." john b sighed as he sat down

"what about those golf carts they drive around? you get one of them?" jj joked

"does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" pope continued to tease.

"look you promised." kiara said seriously. "you said you weren't with her."

"bro, just own it. she got you." jj shrugged

"look if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. but i'm letting you know now that i'm not doing anything with sarah."

"yeah me neither." cali sighed, taking a long sip of her ice cold water, hoping to calm her headache.

"do you guys see her here?" john b looked around, proving his point. "no, right. a little focus would be fantastic. we've got the map, right?"

"well it's out of whack cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." jj pointed to the map layed across the table.

"its cause the coast has changed." kie corrected

"so we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." pope examined the brown piece of paper

"what about the old forts?" john b asked

"battery jasper." kie pointed it out on the map.

꧁❦꧂

the pogues stood on top of the hill, looking over the trees that covered the island. "we're in battery, right here." pope followed his finger across the map. "so if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"somewhere over there." kie pointed out in front of them.

"over there? guys that not tanny hill, that's a subdivision." jj said.

"tanny hill plantation used to be the entire island." john b added "it got sold into smaller pieces over time."

"so we're just looking for an old stone wall." pope pointed to the map again.

"shouldn't be that hard to find." cali sighed, tracing her finger across the light scar that was along her arm.

꧁❦꧂

"okay so the road should split up here." pope told john b from the passengers seat. "you're gonna take a left."

"that looks like a stone wall to me." jj said as they stopped on the small road.