Chapter 4: I Bet You Think About Me

"Your full name is Lee Daeun. Born and raised in Daejeon. Topper of Seoul National University in Business. Had a love affair in high school but left him since you two grew apart. Had a one-sided love with your best friend but he was in relationship with someone else. You are used to living away from your parents, have few friends. Don't go out clubbing, a.k.a lack social life. For you work is life and life is work, a.k.a boring life. You like soft music, interested in art and travel. You also are scared of escalators, you cannot drive and your favorite color is... green."

Daeun's jaw dropped. Jin's smirk widened. The girl stared at the hybrid like he was ghost that suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Why the cat got your tongue?"

"H-how... how did you-"

"Come on Daeun... skip such stupid questions. I am literally Kim Seok-Jin. You think doing a little background check would be difficult for me? No."

Jin said nonchalantly. Daeun sighed. She agreed, it would be quite easy to get her personal information with the power the hybrid held. Daeun looked up at the hybrid and joined her fingers together and looked at Jin serious gaze.

"Mr. Kim, I don't know if your marriage proposal is legitimate or not but either way, my answer is no. I don't know you personally and I don't have marriage in my bucket list. I have a goal in my life and I want to be myself before I become someone's wife. I am sorry but I won't be accepting your proposal. I am sorry that I am your mate but I wish you love in your life and hope that you find your ms. right. Excuse me."

With that said, Daeun rose to her feet and bowed to the hybrid before leaving the private booth. Jin tugged a half-hearted smile on his lips. For him, she was right. He also didn't know who she was, so how could he spend the rest of his life with her. He dropped the idea of marrying his mate. He rose to his feet and walked out of the booth.

Weeks passed by, Jin never got into contact with Daeun. The two kept living their lives in their own way. Jin spent his time partying and traveling around the world while Daeun spent her time managing the hotel, bringing in best results to Kim's Secrets. But when the they were alone and lost in the thoughts, their faces always flashed in their minds. Sometimes wondering, what the other must be doing.

Kim Mansion

Jin returned from his long weekend trip from Paris. He yawned tiredly and slumped on his bed. The jetlag was taking over causing him to sleep soundly on his fluffy bed. Few hours later, Jin woke up when he heard jazz music playing in the mansion. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He sniffed a bit, he got a mouthwatering odour of food causing him to follow the scent which led him to the kitchen. The staff acknowledged the young hybrid and bowed to him. He found his butler.

"What is going on here? Are we having a feast?"

"Yes young master. Sir has held a party tonight. We are expecting many guest for it."

"Oh... I... I wasn't informed about it..."

Jin mumbled a bit. The butler patted the hybrid's back gently.

"Young master, should I get your suit ready?"

Jin slowly nodded before making his way out of the kitchen. Jin wore his black suite and tightened his tie. He winked at his reflection before walking out of his room. He saw his father was talking to one of his business associates and his brother talking to few other people. The hybrid took a deep breath and walked towards his father.

Upon looking at the young hybrid, the two men wondered at his beauty and complimented at him to which Sujin smiled a bit before nodding in agreement. Suho saw his father and younger brother causing him to excuse his company and pace towards them. He placed his hand on Jin's shoulder and joined the conversation.

"Hello gentlemen... what's the talk about?"

Suho asked swiftly to which one of the men spoke up.

"We were talking about how, no matter what the event is about, Jin is always the talk of the town. Look at him, just wearing a simple suit and tie but yet he is dazzling."

Jin shyly chuckled at the compliment. Suho held a tight lipped smile before looking at his brother.

"Of course. He is always talk of town for only his looks."

Suho commented to which Jin felt a weird undertone but brushed it away. Suho paced towards his father and whispered something in his ear getting a nod from the old man. Sujin smiled at his associates.

"It's time."

Jin's ears perked a bit and looked at his old man walk to the center. Suho stood next to Sujin and handed him a glass champagne. The old man dinged the glass, getting everyone's attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I thank you all for coming to our party. Now, it is time to make the announcement for which we all have gathered around."

Jin narrowed his eyes. He was shocked that he wasn't informed about any announcement.

"Without further ado, I announcement, my older son, Kim Suho as the new Chairman of the Kim's Secrets Hotels and chains."

The guest started applauding. Sujin and Suho hugged one and other before the young man sighed the papers. Jin watched everything go down with a hurt inside his heart. He wasn't jealous but felt a sense of betrayed. It was like he was pushed in the dark. Jin looked at his father, he had a proud gaze but it was not for him but his older brother.

Jin's focus was broken when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He moved his glossy eyes and saw Mr. Jung. Before the older hybrid could say anything, Jin splashed a small smile before running upstairs to his room leaving Mr. Jung alone. The older hybrid felt bad for the young one but he couldn't say or do anything other than watch Jin walk away. But Mr. Jung wasn't the only one who saw Jin's sadness but even Daeun saw it and somehow felt it.