Chapter 2: The Other Side of the Door

Daeun barged inside her office startling her poor secretary. Yeonjun was going through the future events that were going to commence. He looked up at the manager who was huffing and puffing.

"Who the fuck does he think he is?"

"What happened ma'am? Who did what to you?"

Da-eun snapped her gaze at Yeonjun who was genuinely concerned for the older girl. She curled her fingers on the table edge.

"That Kim Seok-Jin happened!"

Kim Mansion

The door of Jin's bedroom opened with full force. The hybrid stormed inside his room and slammed his coat on the mattress in anger. He snapped his gaze towards the mirror. His bushy tail swung as the hybrid's anger bubbled up once again when the memory from earlier encounter flashed in his mind.

"Mate? Bullshit! I hope to never see that woman ever again!"

Da-eun's Office

It was Da-eun's first day and she had concluded it was quite chaotic. She huffed as she leaned back on her office leather chair. She looked at the gold plated curved name of the grand hotel. She had read about the man himself, Kim Su-Jin. He was know for his ethics and his hard work. The man was just a waiter at another three star hotel and thirty years later, he ranks number one in this industry. The man was still know to be down-to-earth, did charities and had a few non profitable restaurants to feed the hungry people.

Daeun couldn't believe a brat like Kim Seok-Jin was his son. But what could she even say? Born with a golden spoon in his mouth, arrogance was bound to come. Only if the silly girl knew better. Her mind traveled back to the bizarre conversation she had ever had with someone. Daeun gripped the chair arms as the anger seemed to rise once again.

Flashback

Daeun found herself sitting face to face with Jin. The hybrid invited the newly appointed manager for a tea conversation. Jin had said he wanted to know her well before he could come to an conclusion about their future relationship. Daeun was completely puzzled by the term used. She awkwardly looked around before fixing her gaze on the hybrid who was busy drinking his green tea elegantly. Daeun held her urge to roll her eyes but instead cleared her throat getting the hybrid's attention.

"So... is there anything you would like to question me about sir?"

"How old are you?"

Jin asked nonchalantly taking Daeun by surprise. She didn't shy away from showing her discomfort with the sudden personal question.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard it. How old are you?"

Jin once again sipped his tea and gazed at her curiously. He watched her features, she for sure was beautiful. Her sun-kissed tone, her danity nose, wide eyes and full lips were very attractive. Daeun looked at the hybrid before answering his question.

"I am twenty-nine years old."

"Oh... you are two years older than me. I don't mind the age. You are not to look bad at either and you look well educated too."

Jin concluded to which Daeun was growing more skeptical about the hybrid in front. She held a tight lip smile.

"And why is that important?"

"For our marriage."

The hybrid replied swiftly before tugging on a charming smile. Daeun felt like she heard something wrong. She looked at the hybrid shocked.