|19|: Dawn/صبح

Start from the beginning

The mention of his deceased brother caused his resolve to break. He hasn't been to his grave after the janazah. He feels bad and ashamed for acting that way. But he feels responsible for his death. In one way or another. He should have ask his brother. If he was in any kind of worry. If there was any thing that he was tensed about. But he was so busy in his own fantasy to notice the reality of the consequences.

But it's too late.

"Be with Safa, beta. You married her. She's in your nikkah. It's not a kids joke. No matter what, just show her that she's respected. Your mother isn't going to accept her. I don't know much about Amma Ji. But she needs your support right now. Don't abandon her."

His father's words hit deep at the corner of his heart. Of course, he can't let anyone hurt Safa or her dignity. Nor he is going to abandon her. He should treat her as a husband should treat his wife. She's not some girl he is going to have fun with and then discard like a used tissue paper.

He nodded at his father and saw him leave after patting his shoulder. He glanced at his watch and stood up too.

The world needs a little confirmation from his part about his love life.
~~~~~~~~~~

Safa's slumber broke due to the burning sun rays coming from the windows. The curtains were drawn, but the bright light peeked somehow. She adjusted her eyesight accordingly and sat up on the bed. Immediately, she drew the duvet over her chest as the unfamiliar room came before her eyes. Bits by bits the memories resurfaced and she took a sigh.

You got married last night

She said to herself in her brain. Running a hand in her hair, she gazed at the room. It was very dark compared to her room. The curtains were the only light shade material in the entire room. Stark walls and strong furniture, this was everything Safa has heard about the rich mansion. No wonder she's living in one. She got up from the bed and decided to make it.

Old habits are hard to get rid of.

Wrapping her hairs in a bun, she heard the door click. She draped the shawl on her shoulders and saw her husband entering. She mentally cringed at her choice of word. She still wasn't used to him being her husband.

For God's sake it's just been one night.

"Good morning." She heard him say as he took a seat on the couch drinking his morning coffee. This man is addicted to that bitter liquid.

"Mehreeen has set your things in the bathroom. You can use them."

She nodded. But she wondered when she came. As if reading her thoughts, he told her

"She came when you were sleeping. Sorry if that bothered you."

She shook her head and silently went inside the washroom. True to his words, there was a shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a toothbrush. Everything she could ever need. Not dwelling so much in her thoughts, she washed her face and then showered. Changing into a light blush pink suit, she came out while her hair were lightly dripping. She ignored the other presence in the room and sorted out her things. Taking out her hair brush, she detangled her hair when they were mildly wet. Applying a light lip balm on her lips, she was ready.

She looked at him through her lashes. He was busy reading something on his iPad. His glasses were sitting at the bridge of his nose. Not knowing what to do. She took a seat on the bed and admired the interior of the room. She loved those dark walls and paint. The french windows were a ten for her. She always wanted one.

This isn't yours forever

A voice said in her mind. She quickly came out of her little bubble. Telling herself that all of this is temporary. She shouldn't think that he'll stay married to her forever. The man belongs to a class of elite. While she is a middle class girl. It's a match that won't fit. No matter what anyone says. Its like pairing ice and water. No matter what, they either burn of freeze. No in between.