30.

(Annalise-Vida-Layton.)

"So what y'all tryna do today?" Deja asked as we all just laid in bed. I shook my head and set my phone down on my lap.

"I don't think I wanna do anything. I honestly just wanna lay here." I responded starring up at the ceiling.

"Girl, you really gon let that nigga have you sitting around like this?" Kayla asked sitting up.

"Right." Deja agreed also sitting up.

I knew they was finna do this, so I sat up to. "Look, y'all didn't have to move away from everything you know, to come to Chicago, with a new family, new friends, and wack ass boy choices. It's been hard on me down here. It's been hard on Aaliyah and she still worries about me, more than she worries about herself and the baby she carries." I let out a sigh of relief.

That was a lot. Deja and Kayla just stared at me. They both sighed as well, and then wrapped their arms around me, pulling me in for a hug.

"Look what we meant was, we've never seen you so upset over how dirty a nigga did you. Cause you would always get back. We know you been through a lot, and that's why we are here." said Deja rubbing my back.

"I know, and I'm thankful that y'all came all the way down here." I said looking at both of them.

The smiled at each other and got up. Kayla turned on my Tv, and Deja ran downstairs. She came back with a whole bunch of snacks, and Kayla put on a movie.

"We gon watch this movie, eat these snacks, and put a smile on that lonely face of yours." Deja said.

Kayla pulled her Nail kit out of her bag, and set up her little station on the floor.

"Who's going first?" I could feel a smile tugging at the corner of my lips. The doorbell rung, but when I went to go open the door, Aaliyah stopped me and told me to go back upstairs.

Everyone was home. My mom, her mom, and our dad. It felt good to have everyone home again.

I sat down in front of Kayla's station, and she begin to do my nails. I showed her the set that I wanted, and she got started.

She finished in like an hour

She finished in like an hour. Kayla had always been my personal nail tech. And since I left NY I hadn't gotten my nails done.

Having them done again, kinda made me feel like my old self. I tired to pay her, but she didn't accept the money. She smiled and blew me a kiss.