24.

(Aaliyah-Marie-Layton.)

As the day came to a close, I found myself driving home after a successful shift with seven clients. I planned on picking up dinner for both me and Anna, but when I tried calling her, she didn't answer. Without hesitation, I asked Siri to send her a message asking what she wanted to eat and what she was doing.

As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed that the house was completely dark. It was an unusual sight, considering Anna always had the lights on when she was home. I hesitated for a moment, but finally decided to step inside.

As I called out her name, I couldn't help but feel an eerie sensation in the empty house. Setting my things down on the couch, I made my way upstairs, still calling out for Anna.

It wasn't until I walked into her room that I realized that she wasn't home. She responded to my text with a vague 'I'm out right now, but don't worry about me I'm with Jaylah, and Royalty.'

It put me a little more at ease, when she said that, but I didn't trust the fact that she was out around this time.

I simply texted 'Ok', because I knew she didn't want me to hover. I texted her mom and told her only what she needed to know. That Anna, was out with her friends.

And technically I wasn't lying, cause that's all I knew as well. I had a long day at work, and decided to just chill. I popped me a bag of popcorn and laid down in the living room, turning on a movie.

But eventually the movie was watching me, cause my ass went to sleep. I was so tired to be honest. I guess cause of the baby that I was carrying. When I tried calling Ty, he said he was busy, and would call me later.

So I decided to take a nap.

(Annalise-Vida-Layton.)

<9:00>

Royalty approached me with concern in her eyes. "Hey, are you doing okay?" she asked, seeing me sitting alone in the corner.

I took a deep breath and tried to put on a smile. "I'm alright, just feeling a little overwhelmed with everything going on."

Royalty nodded understandingly. "I can imagine. But you know what always helps me when I'm feeling down? Dancing."

I shook my head, not really feeling up to it. "I don't know, I don't really feel like dancing right now."

But before I could protest any further, Royalty had already taken me by the hand and led me onto the dance floor. At first I felt stiff and awkward, my mind still preoccupied with everything that was going on. But as the music picked up and Royalty started to move, I found myself letting loose and dancing like I hadn't in a long time.

For a few moments, everything else faded away and I was just lost in the music and the movement of my body. It was a much needed moment of release and letting go, and I couldn't have been more grateful to Royalty for getting me out of my head and onto the dance floor.

From behind, I could feel someone slightly pressed up against me. I quickly spun around, and met eyes with the dude I met in the hall the other day.

As I turned to face Qj's friend, I prepared to greet him, but before I could even open my mouth, royalty cut in.

"Heyyy Damian!" she exclaimed, putting her arm around him.