26.

{Bonez.} (Quay-Tee-Jay-Jones.)

"Bonez, someone on the phone for you." said china handing me the house phone off the wall. I was back at the usual crib, to check on my money and stuff. Cause D had let me know that India hadn't been home.

She was nowhere to be found apparently, knew I was coming and decided to leave. I took the phone and put it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Mr. Jones right?"

I nodded while saying yes, a little confused on who this even was. For a second I thought it was the school. Somehow I got the school to call me, instead of my grandma.

"Yea this him."

"Alright, this is Chicago police, we need you to come down into the station. We just have a few questions."

"A few questions about what?" I asked un sure if I was gonna go, because I already hate dealing with the feds.

But the cop on the other end of the line told me that it was about my brother. Ian even say anything else after that.

I hung up, and got up throwing on some clothes. My car was back in the shop again, so I just ended up asking china for a ride.

"I'm really sorry for what happened to your brother." China sorrowfully said as she drove.

I didn't respond. Just kept my eyes forward. When she made it to the station, I immediately hopped out to avoid anymore of her questions.

"Hi, how can I help you sir?" Asked the lady sitting at the front desk. The whole nice girl thing was just a act. She had tats all up her arm, and even a wig on.

She looked good though. I shook my head. "Yeah, some dude called me telling me they needed me to come up here."

"Are you Mr. Jones?" She asked looking through the stack of papers on her desk.

"Yeah that's me." I pulled up my pants. "I'm here regarding my brother."

"Andre Jones?" Hearing her say his name, kind of ticked me off. For a year everyone just completely dismissed my brothers death. I nodded and just kept silent.

"Alright you can head to the back, they are waiting for you."

I walked into the back, to see a black and a white cops sitting down at one table, with my brothers photos all over it.

"What's up Mr. Jones. Take a seat for me sir."

I sat down in front of them, and they glanced at each other clearing their throats. "We know who you are, and what you do, but that's not why we asked you here today. So let's put that on the back burner. I'm Officer James, and this is Officer Swane." said the black cop as he crossed his arms.

"Your brother died a year ago, and the case went cold. We have reason to believe, the guy who did this never left Chicago."

"So why did you re-open my brothers case a year later? Why didn't you just keep looking a year ago?" I asked slouched down in my seat. They both shook their heads.

"Well you see son-"

"I'm not ya son." I responded. My tone cold. I could care the fuck less on what they were talking about. "Do you know who killed him or not?"

"No. We don't know that information just yet, but if you just work with us and give us time-"

Before he could finish I was already half way out the door. The picture of my brother's lifeless body, made me want to throw up. I stood outside leaning against the wall, needing fresh air.

"Qj? What happened in there? Are you ok?" Asked china as she got out of the car.

"Can you stop asking so many fucking questions china? Like damn. You work with the feds or some shit?" I spazzed, making her step backwards a little.

She stood there with a confused look on her face, before the confusion changed into anger. "You know what nigga, Fuck you. Walk home bitch."

She got back in the car and drove off leaving me standing in front of the police station. I rolled my eyes and begin walking home.

(Annalise-Vida-Layton.)

I stayed in my room, all day. Feeling bad for myself. Luckily it was a Friday, and I a huge hangover so I was allowed to skip school.

It's a good thing to, because I was not ready to see Royalty's ass. I was fed up with everything going on around me. I felt like I was alone. My phone buzzed, and I clicked the notification.

Jaylah: hey. how are you feeling..?

Me: like shit..

Jaylah: I don't like this beef with you and Royalty. I feel like you guys were both drunk. I mean shit we just became friends..

I clicked my phone off, and just stared at the ceiling. I had tried to call Qj last night, but it said that he had me blocked. Mentally my soul, and body were tired.

The fact that he just blocked me, without even saying anything to me. Then with Damian, he's different. He helped me out of his car, and inside the house yesterday night.

How was I supposed to know that Royalty had feelings for that boy. While in my thought process, there was a knock on my door, and Aaliyah walked in. "Heyy, how are you feeling?"

I shrugged, and sat up wrapping my blanket around myself.

"I know how your feeling, and it's honestly the worst. I'm not gonna say that I told you so with Qj, and you guys would have been cute. If he truly knew what love meant." she said patting my leg.

I shrugged again. I really had nothing to say anymore. Definitely not having the strength to argue about Qj. I was drained, and Aaliyah could tell. She moved up on the bed wrapping her arms around me, which immediately made tears begin to fall from my face.

"I know...it's ok. I know your tired and in pain, and that's why I decided to bring you a gift."

At first I didn't know what she meant by that, until I looked up to see Deja standing at the door. I screamed, and she smiled making her way to me.

Aaliyah moved, and Deja sat next to me. My arms immediately wrapped around her. "Hi pretty girl..heard these bitches was down here giving you hell. We wasn't going for that."

My arms were still latched onto her, as she talked. I couldn't believe it. My safe space, was sitting right in front of me. "We?" I asked as I looked at Deja and Aaliyah, wiping some of the tears from my face.

"Did I say gift? I meant gifts." Aaliyah said stepping to the side revealing Kayla.

My whole entire heart dropped as Kayla begin to make her way to me. I covered my face with my hands, sobbing at this point. They both wrapped their arms around me smiling.

This is exactly what I needed. My two comfort zones for the weekend.