1

The park family had been ruling the kingdom of Alynthia for generations as their way handling the kingdom was far more accepted than any other previous royal families. The people loved them dearly.

Not only did they put their people first but were also just. It was because of the new laws they had brought in that there was less prejudice and discrimination against omegas. They were valued, treated better and given equal opportunities.

Hence why Jimin was treated and brought up similarly to his elder brother who was an alpha and the heir. Or so they thought.

When Jihyun had rejected his crowning, it truly sent the kingdom into a shock. But nonetheless the king was accepting of his descision to taking the position as the royal guards commander instead of King. So he simply took charge of their military.

So Jimin was now the heir. Even if it was unexpected, Jimin was qualified to become crowned prince. He's grown up with the same education and training as his brother. Therefore, he was expected follow certain rules.

"As heir, you are required to be mated by 25 now Jimin. You are already 24. We have selected multiple suitors for you to meet. Pick a suitor to your liking and get to know them. They'll not only be your mate but also rule this kingdom by your side," the king explained.

" Everyone on the list has already been interviewed with background checks. They're all capable to be your consort with the right training," His mother adds.

"Yes mother," Jimin bows, his face stoic.

He didn't really look forward to becoming king, he'd rather liked his life without all this responsibility. Becoming king didn't mean he had everything.

His days as the second born was rather blissful. The limited freedom he had were used to make journeys around the kingdom and directly get involved with villages to help them improve living quality. There were unforgettable experiences which jimin would dearly miss doing. His free days were numbered.

It was a shame he'd no longer get to freely roam around with his knight anymore.

"Sir Jeon," The king addressed Jimins knight. The only time they would address him as his title was when they were serious.

"Yes, your majesty," Jungkook kneeled beside Jimin with a hand above his chest.

"You will accompany the prince in all his dates. If any of them dare try anything immoral, do not hesitate act,"

"of course, your majesty,"

"may I retreat back to my study?" Jimins asks after.

"Yes. I've already had someone place your schedules for the next few weeks and a copy for Jungkook,"

"okay. Good day to you both," Jimin bows respectfully. And then Jungkook follows a step behind, his metal armour clanking at every move.

_____

"this sucks," Jimin sighs, head dropped on his table.

"Prince Hugo the youngest of Nethilor is also one of your dates," Jungkook examined the schedule.

"please stop," Jimin groaned, covering his ears.

"Didn't you always want to mate?" Jungkook asked folding his copy of the schedule.

"For love. Not for some royal duty. It's not fair," Jimin's wisteria scent was bitter to the nose. He hated the idea of mating without love. Unfortunately that wasn't a good enough reason for him to decline the suitors his parents have chosen. He, himself understood why it was important for the crowned to be mated. So there would promised heir for the kingdom by the time he becomes king.

Jungkook didn't say anything else on the matter, he knew Jimin had always been a hopeless romantic. He'd seen enough love story books in his room. Ever since they were young, the prince had always dreamt of falling in love with someone. And Jungkook only hoped his friend had it easier. He may be Jimins personal knight, but the two had practically grown up together in the castle since his family served the royal family.

The knight in him will stay by the prince's side no matter what, but as a friend. He wished he was able to help lessen even a little bit of the burden. Jimin may never admit it because of his unconditional love for the kingdom but Jungkook knew just how much of pressure he was under with the eyes of even foreign countries solely on him. Since it had been centuries since an omega was made an imperial ruler of such a prosperous kingdom.

Many criticised his capabilities, while many were curious what would happen to a kingdom ruled by an omega. There were some stereotypes that believed omegas were weak so they would only lead the kingdom to doom. If Jungkook could cut the tounges out of those who spoke ill of the crowned prince, he would without hesitation.

"That's enough. It's dinner time," Jungkook spoke after the prince had completed some of his studying.

"Not hungry," Jimin waves a dismissive hand. "You should go eat,"

"you-"

"Bitch, your not skipping dinner," the door opened with a familiar scent of chocolate invading their noses. The only one who was allowed to use such language with Jimin. He looks up from his book, scent sweetening at his best friend who made his way to the omega.

"Taehyungie," Jimin made grabby hands with a pout, resembling a child.

cute. Jungkook thought, face stoic.

Taehyung went behind the desk and hugged his best friend, sliding his nose across his scent gland. Jungkook had to look away. The blue haired alpha was like a brother from another mother to Jimin. Scenting was common between the two friends. They shared a platonic, brotherly bond since their school days and had stuck together. Taehyung was protective of his friend. It was usually done when one or both was seeking comfort.

Though, the knight had understood better. An unwanted thought appears in his mind. Him and the prince had been friends longer yet they never got that close especially after presenting.

"Have you heard tae?" Jimin asks after he was done.

"I have,"

"what'd you think?"

"It won't hurt to meet them would it?" Taehyung send a curt nod towards Jungkook who bows in return. Taehyung was from a crucial noble family closely linked to the royal family whom Jimin met in the prestigious school people of their status attend.

"And Jungkook will be with you. So you have nothing to worry about," He patted Jimins hair, Jungkook nodded. "its a shame, I'm not on the list," Taehyung sighs dramatically.

"As if I'd ever mate with you loser," Jimin stuck his tounge out playfully.
"I'd rather never mate and stick to my one-sided love,"

Jimin crossed his arms with a humph. Only for his eyes to widen at the words he'd just blurted out by accident.

"love?" Jungkook asked, confused. It was the first time he was hearing of this. "You have someone you love?"

The prince forced out a nervous laugh. "NO... Of course not. It was just a joke, right tae?"

Taehyung joins in with nervous chuckle. "Yeah. Anyway let's head to dinner now. Both of you work too much without a break,"

Jungkook wasn't convinced whatsoever. He'd gotten to know Taehyung over the years he'd been friends with Jimin. So the three had naturally spent alot of time together. He knew clearly they were hiding something.

The alpha would be lying if he said he wasn't sad about that fact that Jimin was hiding something. All this time, he'd thought he and the prince had a good relationship. They've always shared things with each even their first kisses. Throughout the dinner, the thought of their friendship being one sided had soured his mood.

It was good that there were scent diffusers all around the castle. Or else his emotion would have been easy to read with the musty cedarwood scent he was emitting.