Chapter five

I took what Samael told me to heart. Supposedly I am returning to his world of my own free will, I still have a hard time believing it and I think he has something to do with my presence there, but I figured I would find a way out of there. I'll find out how. With or without Samael's help. If that means I have to learn to control my deranged mind, so be it. I just hope I don't release something I don't want to, something I keep well hidden. Hope the demons of my past don't consume me in the process.

I haven't seen him since that moment, I only have a memory of him on my hand. I spent my nights searching Samael's palace, trying to find a way out of there. In vain. But I will find it. I believe in it. But I have to admit that he was right about one thing about me. I hate the life I live. I don't really know what I want. If I want to get out of there, I'll probably have to find out.

It was the early evening of Halloween. Vincent was throwing a big party at his place. The whole school was there.

I prepared two versions of the costume between which I couldn't decide, but in the end, I decided on the simpler one because I didn't want to create a perfectly elaborate costume. Fatigue from the so-called sleepless nights and I was not in the mood.

I put on fishnet stockings, maybe way too short black shorts with a frayed hem, and a black tank top that exposed my stomach. Small black wings appeared on my back. I decided to go for a fallen angel. A black, Victorian necklace decorated my neck, and on my feet, I wore black, leather ankle boots with fifteen-centimeter heels. Strong smoky eyeshadows and dark burgundy lipstick. Curled my hair as usual and let it fall freely on my shoulders.

I think I looked like a very bad girl and rather immoral.

My parents had already left for some kind of Halloween party, so they didn't have a chance to object to my sluty outfit. They said that I walk around dressed like some kind of harlot. Even so, their objections would not help them. I dress and always will dress the way I want. I have argued with them more than once because they do not understand the fact that I adapt my outfit to what event I am attending. I'm not going to show up at a high school party in a prom dress. They just rolled their eyes at that and let me go without any guesses.

I arrived at Vincent's party. Jessica picked me up and we went together. When we arrived, it was already in full swing. Dozens of cars were parked in front of the house, filling the entire street. The bass of the music and the joyful shouts of the celebrants carried far and wide. Drunken couples were kissing on the porch in front of the house. In the hydrangea bushes, there was a guy who already had too much alcohol in his blood.

We walked in, and I was immediately overwhelmed by the pressure wave of the chaos that was taking place there. Vincent was lounging on the couch with his friends and teammates from the football team. When he saw me, he immediately went to greet me.

"Welcome, love." He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to the sofa. He had clearly already drunk a lot, you could tell by the way he walked and the way he spoke.

He settled into his seat and sat me on his lap. "Look what I pulled from my father's secret stash. Especially for you." He handed me a bottle of whiskey while he got drunk on a cheap beer in a red, plastic cup.

In the meantime, Jessica managed to disappear somewhere, looking for her next victim in bed. All of you guys rather run.

In the kitchen, certain individuals were eating out the fridge. One girl was so desperate that she took a jar of mayonnaise and ate it with a spoon like ice cream. In the next room, the celebrants, in various costumes, coiled around each other like snakes. They pushed and rubbed their bodies against each other calling it a dance. Too close to each other for my taste. Some played beer pong in the dining room. The long table, which could easily seat ten people on each side, took it to a new level. From the pool you could hear the screams of the girls who were not satisfied with the costumes, which revealed more than necessary, they had to show their bodies in the Miss Wet T-shirt competition. They don't know how else to impress. They resembled more sluts than students, teenagers. Upstairs, some couples were trying to find a free room for forbidden activities. Fortunately, Vincent always locked all the rooms.