»»ᅳ6ᅳ►

niki's pov

so far, lunch has been pure torture. siyeon invited soul to sit with her at lunch, and now her and her friends are laughing at all his jokes, especially siyeon. "are you just gonna stare at her orr..." jungwon muttered just loud enough for me to hear. i didn't mean to stare, but i guess i was. this soul guy is killing me, but i can't to anything about it since he makes siyeon happy. i looked away for the first time since i sat down, and spoke to the rest. 

after school, me, sunghoon, and heeseung were planning to go to this popular cafe nearby. it just recently blew up online and supposedly has really good drinks. i waited for them at the entrance of the school while listening to this is how it feels by d4vd and laufey.

¸♬·¯·♪♫yes it hurts so much to fall in love with you♫♪·¯·♬

someone calling my name from afar caught my attention. it was heeseung and sunghoon calling for me from hee's car. "get in, happy hour ends in twenty minutes!" i ran up to the car and got in the back seat. it would take us about five minutes to get there. we all talked while driving there about various things like what we would order.

once we entered, i saw a few students from school. but a two specific students caught my eye. soul and siyeon. recently, they've been spending a lot of time together and today they were working on a project. if i didn't know them, i would think they're dating, but unfortunately, i do know them. out of all the girls i could've liked, it had to be siyeon.

siyeon's pov

me and soul went to this really popular cafe in our area to finish our project. in just a few days we've become really good friends. i turned my head around to grab something from my backpack and saw ni-ki. shit. i've been trying so hard to avoid him because, well, i like him. i've been trying to deny my feelings for him for the longest time now. what jungwon said is true. i liked him for a year now ever since i found out he was in the same grade. when i told him that i didn't know who he was at school, was a complete lie. when jungwon told me that ni-ki was gonna be in his band, i was over the moon. but he didn't even know i existed until i barged in during their practice.

as we worked, i could feel someone staring at the back of my head. it made me feel uneasy, but i tried to ignore it. "someones burning two holes in the back if your head.." soul stated.

 "omg, who is it? the feeling has been there for minutes now!" i whisper yelled to him. 

"it's ni-ki, do you guys have beef?" he asked. 

"no, but do you think if i went to the bathroom and came back, he would stop?" i questioned

"probably" he replied before i went up to go to the bathroom.

the bathroom at this cafe was super clean here, i could tell why they were rated five stars. it's embarrassing liking someone who didn't even know you existed, which is why i started avoiding him. there's no chance that he could like me back, i mean he barely talks to me, which is mostly my fault. from now on, ill try to talk to him more. at my age, everyone has a partner. even eunhye has a crush who likes her back, which is my brother.

i came back from the bathroom to see ni-ki,heeseung, and sunghoon all looking at me. i rolled my eyes and went back to my seat. "please tell me if you catch any of those three dudes staring at me." i told soul. he nodded and we went back to working. the uneasy feeling faded away, and when i turned around, i saw sunghoon and heeseung helping ni-ki with his homework. i smiled and turned back around.

a few minutes passed, and the same uncomfortable feeling came back. "ni-ki's looking at you again. you should probably confront him about it." soul whispered to me. i agreed with him and started walking over to their table. as i turned around, i caught niki looking away quickly. i went up to him and asked, "why have you been staring at me for like five minutes now?"

"woah, crazy accusation. i haven't been looking at you, i don't know what you mean." he said as he shrugged and leaned back in his chair.

"i don't know if you weren't aware, but staring is kinda rude." i replied in an annoyed tone.

"ok fine, i'll stop staring at you or whatever." he reponded

"aha! so you admit to staring at me. i always knew you were kinda weird." i answered

after that, i wandered back to my seat to finish the project, and it only took us a few more minutes to finish it. the due date was tommorrow anyways. i said goodbye to soul, before we left the cafe to go back to our homes.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

a/n: school is starting in a week for me :(( also, i've been working on a beomgyu ff so i won't be updating this story as frequently!!