21. Busted

Shinobu

So, I bet you're wondering what happened to Sarah and Daki and stuff. Let's get to it, then.

I drove Giyuu to school that Monday. We hadn't talked a lot over the weekend, but that's because we both knew this would happen. School.

Our friends were probably gonna question us about what had been going on. Uzui, Mitsuri, and Rengoku had all called. Mitsuri specifically have been threatening me for details. But, you know.

"Are you sure this was Sarah?" I asked.

He nodded. "It has to be. Sneaky and creative. So Sarah."

"We'll test it out, first," I said.

"So do we just confront them?" He asked me. We were a couple miles away from the school. Almost there.

"Why, don't we crush their hopes, first?"

"Wow, Shinobu. That sounded dark."

"Very funny. I'll tell Sarah we're back together. See how she reacts. Daki? I think we should forget about her. She's just a whore."

"True," he muttered, "It's Sarah that set this up."

The end of the year was around the corner. Sarah thought she had Giyuu. I wasn't gonna let that happen. The school came in sight, and I slowed down, parking the car in its usual space. Most kids usually had places they liked to park their cars. I sorta did, too.

I got out of the car alongside Giyuu, grabbing my backpack before shutting the door and locking the car with my key.

Giyuu grabbed my hand. "Good luck, Shinobu. I'll see you at lunch.

I smiled. "Tell me how it goes with Sarah."

Giyuu

The class I'd been waiting for finally arrived.

Sarah sat in her usual spot beside my seat. She smiled an innocent smile as I sat down.

"Hey, Giyuu. How are you holding up?" Sarah asked, turning her body to face me.

"Actually, Sarah, Shinobu and I made up."

Sarah's mouth dropped. Her eyes flew open, shocked and filled with emotion. Her hand clenched into a tight fist.

"Wow, Giyuu. You must be happy."

"Yeah, of course. It took some time, though. Shinobu refused to talk to me in the beginning. She still doesn't like to talk about it."

"So, what happened?" Sarah asked. A simple, friendly, and curious question.

"Well, I begged her to talk to me, and when she did, I told her everything. It was a very well thought out plan."

Sarah smiled. "I'm happy for you, Giyuu. You and Shinobu deserve each other."

It was my turn for my mouth to drop open. "What?"

"Sorry, Giyuu. You'll never forgive me, but I'm sorry."

Sarah's eyes were teary. Her breathing hitched and her pale cheeks burned red.

"Sarah, please don't cry,"  I said. "It's okay, okay?"

Sarah nodded.

We didn't talk again.

Third Person

Shinobu was glad. She was practically skipping to lunch. Her hair bounced around her even higher than Mitsuri's.

Then she stopped. A hand clasped around hers, pulling her gently. Shinobu turned, expecting Mitsuri, or Uzui.

But all she got was Sarah.

"Hey, Shinobu," Sarah said, sounding like they were still best friends.

"Don't talk to me," Shinobu said, pulling her hand away with force. Sarah winced.

"You know it was me, don't you?" Sarah said. Her voice was drowned by the yells of high schoolers going to lunch.

Shinobu nodded.

"And you know I had a thing for Giyuu."

Shinobu nodded again, glaring at Sarah.

"And, I want you to accept my apology."

Shinobu stopped. She had expected a harsh comment. Back off, bitch or You're just a nerd or He probably liked me more.

When someone says that, you don't automatically forgive them.

"Very funny, Sarah," Shinobu said.

"Shinobu, please. What I did was stupid. I don't know what got into me. I feel awful." Sarah looked vulnerable. She still had a ton of makeup, which was now streaming down her face. 

Shinobu sighed. Truth be told, she had missed Sarah. They had been an iconic duo in middle school. Sarah coming back was too good to be true. She dragged Sarah into the girls bathroom, then digged through her bag for a makeup removing wipe.

"Here," she said, handing it to Sarah.

Sarah let out a small smile and took it. "Thanks."

"No problem."

After wiping away the makeup, Sarah looked Shinobu in the eye.

"You really love him, don't you."

Shinobu nodded. "Now all I have to do is tell him that."

* * * * * * * * * * *

No one would ever find out why Sarah had a change of heart. If you ask me, I think it was the way Giyuu Tomioka talked about Shinobu. He was in love. It was obvious.

Sarah's change was weird. One minute bitch, next minute crying. Sarah never really got over Giyuu, but over time, they became good friends.

Tsutako? She married again. Bob was really cute, in her opinion.

Now, you probably want me to say Giyuu and Shinobu got married, had kids, and grew old togher.

They did, but let's leave it here. Let's enjoy teenagers being complete idiots when falling in love.

Well, Giyuu was the idiot. Shinobu was sitting in the sidelines shaking her head.

By the way, Shinobu did tell Giyuu she loved him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ending was probably not what you were expecting. About Sarah, I wasn't satisfied with her character so I changed her up. I know that this is pretty short for the final chapter, but I did the best I could. (okay, maybe not since I could have definitely made an epilogue but I didn't want to) So yeah, this really is the end.

Now about the new book, the first chapter will probably come out by this week (i'm not giving any promises). Anyway if your reading this, then thank you for coming all this way, this story was a long one and I can't wait to stop writing it and start the next one. When I finish the first chapter of my next book, I will probably say it here.