2. A Summer Spent

Shinobu

This was probably my favorite summer yet. Giyuu and Tomioka were my two new friends. Even though Giyuu says we aren't.

We would do tons of things together. Often they will be stupid. Prank people, play in the water, sneak out to meet.

We snuck out all the time.

"Salmon Daikon?" Giyuu asked. We were sitting in a large tree overlooking the sea. I stared at the Daikon and raised my eyebrow.

"Ara Ara, why did you suddenly offer to give me food, are you trying to flirt with me?"

"I'm not trying to flirt, I was just offering some food but if you don't want it then that's perfectly fine"

I took the food and started eating it.

"So where do you go for school" I asked "We won't be able to see each other for the entire school year."

"It's a shame that we won't see each other then."

"Ara Ara, are you sad that you won't be seing me anymore?"

"No, I'm not!"

"It was pretty fun this summer"

"Yeah"

"We're leaving in a week." I explained. An odd look crossed Giyuu's face.

"You're leaving?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I live pretty far from here so it will take hours to come back."

"When will you come back?"

"Well, will you be here next year"

"You'll come back?"

I nodded "I promise."

* * *

On the last day, Giyuu came to say goodbye. I was just finishing packing my things away.

"I can't wait to come back next year." I said

"Me too." 

"Ara Ara what did you just say?"

"Nevermind"

"Anyways, see you next year"

Before I left, I scanned his cheek and decided to kiss it. Giyuu started blushing madly.

With a sad smile I waved him goodbye

"See you next year, Kocho"

I didn't see Giyuu Tomioka again for 4 whole years.