1. When I was Twelve

Shinobu Kocho

I was very excited.

"Finally," I whispered, hurrying out of the my sister's car, pushing past her. It was my favorite place to go.

Too bad it is only in the summer and I will have to go back to hell soon.

* * *

The house itself wasn't too big. But it was very cozy. It had only one floor with 3 rooms and 2 bathrooms. My sister, Kanae thought that I was weird because I liked watching the forest rather then the beach.

My room was pretty big but it was probably because I had to share with my little sister Kanao. The room had a big closet with tons of clothes from years and years of coming here. Some of them could still fit me. In the middle there was a big bunk bed and me and Kanao were arguing about who should get the bottom bunk.

I know it's weird but unlike most people me and Kanao loved the bottom bunk. You could create a cool tent using this thin bedspread. You couldn't do this if you were on the top.

"Shinobu?" Kanae tapped on the room door.

"Yeah, Mom?"

"It looks beautiful outside. You should go out and play"

"Alright, I'll be out in a few minutes."

Giyuu Tomioka

The water felt cold compared to the hot sand. But I didn't mind it, I loved being in the water. I hugged myself to keep from getting sunburned. My skin wasn't too good.

"Giyuu!" someone called. I looked behind to see Sabito, my best friend running over to me.

"What?" I asked

"Is Tsutako making salmon daikon's tonight?"

"I hope so, I really like eating them"

"I know you do," Sabito grinned. The smile faded, replaced by a look of curiosity. "Who's that?"

I turned around to see where he was looking at and my eyes narrowed. A girl was walking along the shore as if she knew this place by heart.

Well I knew it better.

I lived in a house very close to this beach. Normally, during the summer, my sister would take me to Florida because she thought I should see what it was like in a city. But I didn't like to so I decided to stay here this summer.

"Hey!" Sabito called the girl over. She turned to us and walked over cautiously. She looked to be around 14 which is also my age, she was also very pretty.

"Ara Ara, and who is this boy who looks so depressed, sitting in the water?"

She was already getting on my nerves only after a few seconds of talking.

"I'm Giyuu Tomioka, and I am not depressed."

"Ara Ara, are you sure about that? Anyways my name is Shinobu Kocho."

-------------------------------------------------------

I know they don't act like how they usually do

But i tried my best

Im srry