8. Oliver Bomb

Giyuu

Can't a guy enjoy his weekend? I guess not.

"Get up, boy!" Oliver sai, shaking me. He looked sober, but even sober Oliver was an asshole.

"What?" I groaned.

"Go buy me some beer."

I got up from my bed. "I can't. I'm not old enough."

"I said I wanted beer! I don't care how you get it, just get me some beer!"

Did I say Oliver was sober? I meant he was partly sober. He'd probably been drinking all night. Tsutako deserved better.

"I can't get you beer," I stated. "Get it yourself."

"You ungrateful son of a bitch!" Oliver punched my chest, knocking the air out of me. I hunched over.

"Okay, okay," I said between coughs. "I'll get you your stupid beer."

That meant, run. I stood up and changed into jeans and put in a sweatshirt. After making myself presentable, I left the house, making Gabe think I was getting beer. I'd come back home mid-day.

This happened all the time. Oliver would tell me to get beer, I'd leave the house for the day, he'd forget. I'd take some money and my phone and do nothing productive. Yay.

I walked to the nearest restaurant to get myself some breakfast. Then, I went to the nearby park to kill time. I walked over to one of the picnic tables, and sat down with my food.

I guess I fell asleep, because someone called my name, telling me to wake up.

"Giyuu, why are you sleeping here?" Shinobu asked, patting my back. "Are you okay?"

"What? Hm, yeah, I'm fine."

"What happened to you?"

"My step-dad was being an asshole. He woke me up early in the morning and I just left to get away from him. Anyways, why are you here?"

"I'm with my sister Kanao and her friend. They dragged me with them to the park."

"At least you got a good night's sleep."

"Oh, sorry for waking you. See ya," she said, leaving.

'No, no. I'm awake now. Do you know what time it is?"

"It's noon."

"I've got time to kill. Wanna hang out here? I'll keep you company while your sister and her friend play."

Shinobu smiled. "Thanks, Giyuu. They can be a pain sometimes."

" I wish I had a smaller sibling. I have no one to hang out with at home. My sister's always out working and Oliver, my step-dad, hates me."

"I know how you feel. Kanao isn't a picnic in the park."

We sat there in silence.

"Giyuu?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you move here because of Oliver?"

I smiled. "No not really. Why didn't you come the next summer?"

Shinobu bent her head to look at the ground. "My sister divorced, and my sister didn't have the money to keep our vacation house. I felt awful, Giyuu. I thought abotu you a lot."

"So you had a crush on me?"

Shinobu's head shot up and she punched my shoulder. "You hanged out with me a lot.

Yeah, I did, didn't I.

"Well, you liked it."

Shinobu blushed. "Shut up, Giyuu. So what if I did?"

"Then you wouldn't mind kissing me?"

Did I push it too far?

"No, I wouldn't mind it," Shinobu said. "But don't expect me to kiss you right now."

"I don't, but I wouldn't mind if you did."

Shinobu laughed. "Tell you what. Let's actually hang out. Not at a park while I'm babysitting my sister. Then we'll see."

"Deal. You can come over to my house tomorrow. My sister is home on Sundays, so you can eat dinner with us."

"Yeah, whatever you say."

Shinobu called for her sister and they left.

I just had to make sure Oliver didn't kill me beforehand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are wondering, Oliver was just added this chapter. I know that in chapter 3 I said that it was just for a job, but I decided to change that hence Oliver, sorry for the confusion.

-MrSoob