15. The Librarian

Giyuu

Maybe Shinobu was sad because something happened. Maybe Kanao just thought that  Shinobu was mad at me. Maybe the grief was talking.

I didn't care. I needed to see Shinobu. The only times I saw her wer lunch and oceanography. I'd clear everything up. One problem: I had to get through the day.

"Are you okay, Giyuu? You seem distant," Sarah said as we worked on an assignment together.

"Yeah, I think Shinobu is going through something. I wanna be there for her, but yesterday when I was trying to talk to her, she pushed me away."

"Well, maybe she needs space," Sarah said.

"But couldn't she have told me that?"

"I dunno, Giyuu. Just give her a while. She doesn't know how lucky she is to have you."

Shinobu

The next day, I went back to school. I wouldn't let Giyuu Tomioka prevent me from doing anything. The whole day, I held my head high.

Then came lunch.

I didn't know where Giyuu would sit. I didn't want to talk to him. Let him hang out with Daki. Or Sarah. He didn't need me, I didn't need him.

In the end, I decided to sit in the library. It was quiet and abandoned. Just the way I liked it.

"Hey, Shinobu," the librarian, Tamayo, said.

"Hi, Tamayo."

Tamayo had long, dark brown hair, parted in the center and worn braided back into a large, low bun. She has large, gentle eyes, and notably red lips. She was a student at the college nearby. She would usually be studying here at the library, and being the paid librarian. It was a win-win for her. She and I had become good friends because I came here a lot.

"You don't look so happy," Tamayo said, putting down her book on the human body. She was a medical school student. Most doctory kind of stuff. (Doctory is not a word, just means doctor stuff, I should have just written that instead, but whatever)

"Yeah, things have been rough."

"You can tell me," Tamayo said, gesturing to her work room in the back.

"Thanks," I said, following her to the back. We sat down, and she game me coffee from her brewer.

"So what happened?" She asked, resting her hands on the table.

"My boyfriend cheated on me."

"Giyuu Tomioka?"

I nodded. I could feel tears in my eyes again.

"Hey, don't cry," Tamayo said, petting my shoulder.

"I caught him making out with her at the back of the school," I said. Tears fell onto the wooden table I hunched over.

"Does he know?"

"No, he doesn't. He came to my house afterwards to hang out, but I refused to talk to him. Being the idiot he is, he probably doesn't know I know."

"You should go talk to him," Tamayo said. "Maybe he was forced into it. Or maybe you just saw them at the wrong time."

"He was on top of her!" I yelled. "It was disgusting. I felt so low."

"I know how you feel. I've dated far more guys than you have, Shinobu. ONce, my boyfriend was drunk and I'm pretty sure he had sex with another girl."

"What did you do?"

"I trashed his place. But don't listen to me, okay? Don't trash Giyuu's place."

I laughed. It was one of those really awkward laughs you parents got out of you when you were crying as a kid. Giggly and with a smile. " I won't"

"Good girl. Anyways, how did you know he was back there?"

"Anonymous call from a student," I said. "They used the school telephone."

"Was it a girl?"

"Yeah, but her voice was cut off and hard to hear. I didn't recognize her."

"Well, that girl did you a favor. At least you know he's a douchebag. It would've been worse if you'd found out later."

"You're right. What time is it? I don't wanna miss class. Even though Giyuu will be there."

"Well, sweetheart, you're about twenty minutes tardy."

"Oh no!"

"Ah, don't worry. As the librarian, I can write you a pass. We'll say you had to do some research for another class."

"Thanks a lot, Tamayo. You're the first person I've told about this. It only happened yesterday."

"Don't mention it. And let me just say, you're coping really well."

I smiled and took the tardy pass from her, going to oceanography. Hopefully, Mr. Urokodaki wouldn't ask too many questions.

I knocked on the door to the calss.

"Someone, please open the door. I think Miss Kocho has finally decided to show up."

Someone opened the door. And by someone, I mean Giyuu. I raced past him, accidentally brushing his arm on my way. I sat down in my usual seat next to Giyuu. And I didn't look at him all class period.

*  *  * ( Haven't used stars in a long time :)

"Shinobu, wait up!" GIyuu said, jogging towards me as I walked to my locker after Greek. I ignored him and picked up my pace.

He caught up with me.

"Are you okay, Shinobu?"

"Go away, Giyuu," I muttered.

"Shinobu did I do something wrong?"

I turned to face him. "Yes, you did! I'm not stupid, Giyuu. I found out the hard way, and I bet you're happy now. You don't have to worry about me in your way."

"What are you talking about?"

I laughed. A sarcastic and loud laugh. Not so loud, people would hear us. "I can't do this anymore, Giyuu. I don't date assholes who don't know what a relationship is."

I turned on my heel and stormed off to my next class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it was today or yesterday, but I got 100 stars or votes whatever they're called. That's a big achievement. Before when I read fanfics I would never vote on any of them, which really makes me happy when somebody votes. Thank you for voting on this book.

my hand hurt a lot writing this chapter

i did a lot of mistakes

i think this is my longest chapter ever probably