9. Sunday

Shinobu Kocho

What had I gotten myself into? I was going to meet his sister. She might not even like me for crying out loud.

There was the problem. I had to look nice, but I also had to look modest. I didn't want Giyuu's sister thinking I was a slut.

"What are you doing?" Kanae asked. She had walked in on me looking through an array of dresses.

"I'm trying to figure out what to wear to Percy's house for dinner."

"Don't tell me that your seeing a boy." My sister teased.

I blushed madly "Can you just help me pick a dress please?"

"Alright, show me your dresses."

"I have these two dresses, but I need to look good because his sister will be there. I want her to like me."

I held up two dresses. One was a pale purple one that went down just above my knees. It was fitted at the top, and flowed down. The other was a dark blue number. It was like the other one, but it came with a brown jacket to wear over.

"Wear the purple one. The blue one looks very laid back and hipstery," Kanae said.

"Thanks," I smiled. Kanae left as I changed into my dress.

On top of the dress, I put on a black jacket. I slipped on some ankle-high black boots. After a lecture from Kanae, about not having sex, I hopped onto my car and left.

Giyuu

The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I yelled.

"No, sit down. I'm going to see her first," Tsutako said, shoving me into the living room. I heard her open the door and greet Shinobu.

They walked into the living room. Shinobu was wearing a pretty purple dress, and her hair tied up in a butterfly pin. She took off her black jacket and put it on the couhc.

"Well, I'll get dinner ready. Giyuu stop drooling over her," Tsutako teased, smiling at me. I must've been staring.

Shinobu laughed. "You were staring, Giyuu."

"Well, thanks for siding with my sister, Shinobu."

"Hey, I cannot tell a lie. Why, Giyuu? This dress too sexy for you?" She teased.

'Oh, shut up."

"You're blushing."

"Am not!"

I knew I was. I could feel my cheeks and neck getting warmer and warmer.

"Whatever you say, Giyuu. I'm gonna go see if you sister needs help."

"You do that."

Shinobu

Tsutako smiled as I stepped into the kitchen. I could see some wrinkles on her pale skin, and once in a while, her fragile hands shook. Other times, she was strong enough to be a president.

"Hey, Shinobu. Would you like to help me set the table? I bet Giyuu's still in the living room trying to find the courage to come out here."

I smiled. "You're probably right. Being alone in a house with two girls must be intimidating."

"I can hear you guys!" Giyuu yelled. Tsutako and I laughed.

"You can come in now," Tsutako yelled back, and Giyuu walked over.

We sat down at the small table. There were only three seats, so we were all able to talk to each other.

"So, Shinobu, how long have you known Giyuu?"

Giyuu broke in. "Funny story, Tsutako-"

"Shut up, Giyuu. I asked Shinobu," Tsutako said

I grinned. "I've known him since we were twelve. We hung out one summer while my family went on a summer vacation to the beach. I guess luck brought us back together."

"How interesting," Tsutako said. "So Giyuu already had a friend already. Giyuu used to have a lot of trouble making friends."

"Tsutako!" Giyuu whined

'I'm only teasing, Giyuu."

Point: Tsutako was awesome.

"Anyways," Giyuu said after swallowing his daikon. "What were you two talking about in here?"

"We were talking about how strange your acting, Giyuu," I said, giving him a smirk.

"Yes, what she said," Tsutako interjected.

"Wow, you two are ganging up on me aren't you?" Giyuu said.

Tsutako nodded. "I suppose so."

Giyuu

After dinner, I walked Shinobu out the door.

"Your sister's really cool," Shinobu said, putting her jacket on.

"She is. She also loves embarrassing me."

"I see," Shinobu said.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow at school?"

"Well, duh, we sit together at lunch."

"Speaking of lunch, we're gonna get a lot of talk from the group," I pointed out.

The corner of Shinobu's mouth curled up. "Let them talk."

She started to walk away.

"Wait. Shinobu!"

"Yeah?" She said, turning around and walking back towards me.

"Am I worthy of that kiss now?"

Shinobu smiled. Her eyes stared at my lips. "Whatever you say."

She put her hand on my neck, pulling my head down to her. Her lips brushed mine for a few seconds. I couldn't take it anymore. My hand pressed against her back, pulling her slightly closer to me. Shinobu was trying not to smile. Sadly, she pulled away too soon.

"Wait, that's it?" I whined.

"I take things a bit slow. I have to go now, but there's plenty more where that came from."

I grinned "Yeah, I'll see you at school."

Shinobu walked away. As I watched her call pull out of the driveway, I turned around and went back inside. Tsutako was standing at the front door, grinning madly.

"That was so adorable!"

"You saw that?"

Tsutako nodded her head vigorously. "I was watching from the window. I opened it a little so I could hear what you two were saying. Oh my goodness, my little brother has a girlfriend!"

"Tsutako! That was private!"

"Nothing is private from me. Now, do you want some hot chocolate?"

I sighed. "Yes, please."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I'm not rlly sure but this is prob the longest chapter now

-MrSoob