14. Close the Door

Giyuu

I pulled away as quick as I could.

"Daki! What the fuck was that?"

I got up and dusted myself off.

"I'm sorry, I got caught in the moment," Daki apologized. She didn't look sorry, though.

"There was no moment! And I have a girlfriend okay. No thanks. By the way, start your own car."

I left her and her car at the back. Funny thing, instead of yelling or something, she called someone on her phone.

When I got to the front of the building, Shinobu's car wasn't there. Maybe she thought I'd already left for her house. Dammit, I'd have to catch a ride with Uzui or something.

"Hey, Tengen," I said, jogging up to him as his friends left.

"Hey, Giyuu. Why are you here? I thought you were going to Shinobu's house."

"I am, but she left early. Could you give me a lift to her place? It's on your way."

"Uh, sure," Uzui said, getting into his car. I opened the door to the passenger seat and got in.

"Thanks, man."

"I saw Shinobu leave like five minutes ago. She was in a hurry," Uzui said, starting the car.

"Well she told me to meet her after school," I said.

One problem. I had to tell her about Drew. Hopefully, she and I could laugh it off and eat cake. Yeah, that's what we would do.

The drive was silent. I was thinking about Shinobu the whole time. When we got to her house, I jumped out of the car and ran up the porch to her front door. Uzui drove off to wherever.

I knocked on the door, and at first, no one answered. I knocked again. One of Shinobu's sisters opened the door.

"Shinobu it's your boyfriend," she said. Instead of teasing, she sounded quiet and sad. He looked over her shoulder, most likely to Shinobu.

"Close the door, Kanao," she yelled. Her voice cracked and she took a deep breath.

"But-"

"Now!"

The door shut in my face. Shinobu's voice made it obvious. She was crying. I didn't know why.

"Shinobu, open up!"

No answer.

"Are you okay?!" I yelled.

Feet shuffled away. The door opened. Kanao's head popped out.

"What's wrong with Shinobu?" I asked.

"She doesn't like you," Kanao said.

"What did I do?"

"She said she deserves better than a jerk like you."

"She said that?" My chest ached.

"No, she said something much much worse, and I'm not allowed to repeat it."

"Kanao, please tell me what's wrong."

Kanao glared at me. A glare just like her sister's

"Listen up, mister. You hurt my sister, you don't go near her. If you come here again, I'll call the policemen!"

I would've laughed, if not the situation.

Kanao shut the door in my face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was an incredibly short chapter since i rushed it, Trust me i finished it earlier, its just that I scheduled it to release earlier (I don't know why I did that, i just wanted to try it out)

I just realized that I also hit 1.5k. Which is insane. Before when I read fanfics I wouldn't read a book below 1.4 k reads (which was kinda stupid, as there are multiple books that are really good even though they have less reads) But i was young and stupid

Anyway, thanks for reading this far. the book will probably end in a few more chapters (like 6 or smth) . Don't worry i alr have the next book thought up (i think)

-MrSoob