chapter 26

Author's POV

" You aren't serious right ? ... Are you? " Ryan looked down at his mother, who has been keeping mum and looking down for the last few minutes.

Ryan wanted to laugh but then it was not funny to be assumed as gay and be forced to meet a gay partner by his mother.

He felt judged, and that was more than enough to be angry and upset with his mother.

He took a long breath to calm himself and asked her " you think I'm gay? "

The seriousness in his voice conveyed his erupting anger towards her, she looked up and said " I didn't mean to hurt you, Ryan.....I thought you must be affirmed to tell me about it "

" Tell you about what? That I'm gay as you imagined and judged? " He rasped looking directly at her.

His clenched jaw and red-shot eyes told her how wrong she was.

After seeing him walking out of marriage and relationship talks whenever she starts about, Ryan's mother Maria was worried about her son's future.

It's been years since he turned into an adult and not even once he dated any woman, not even once Maria saw him with a girl who could raise her expectation of them being something. Not even a rumour of him being with any of his models or business mates.

At first, she thought her son was being a responsible person and trying to build a career on his own. Perhaps that could be a good reason to keep the woman away from him to save his focus along with attention. But now when he made his career and had an unshakable empire she was expecting him to spare some time for his personal life and focus on his needs and wants as a grown-up man. Of course a caring and loving partner for himself and the family that he deserves.

Maria was eager to see him with the woman of his life because she has seen him as a responsible and caring son and now she wants to see him as a loving husband and as a joyful father.

She knew she was crossing the limits by putting her expectation on him to fulfil but she is also a hopeless mother who wants her son to enjoy the essence of life not only the business and money.

And his growing adoption of loneliness was scaring her, and she desperately wanted him to find his solace.

Because apart from office and business he seemed disinterested in everything else around him, which she felt strange.

Above that, she saw one of his recent interviews in which he talked about dating none and never being attracted to a woman which made her assumption strong. Joining all the dots she concludes Ryan is Gay and not opening up about it I'm fearful of getting judged.

She didn't mind his sexuality until he was happy with what he was. All she wants is for her son to be happy again, and that's why she took the matter under her control and found a gay partner for him, accordingly to her she was righteous about what she did.

" Mom, I'm asking something..." Ryan's firm voice pulled her back to present from her thoughts.

" I...huh... What do you expect me to do Ryan? How long are you planning to live alone? " She could barely keep her voice low. It wasn't the anger that raised her voice but the knowingness of being WRONG.

Yes, she knows she did wrong by assuming and judging him as gay without even asking him about it for once. She is aware of her wrongness and pressures him to get into a relationship or get married soon just because she wants him to. Because he's a grown-up adult who can make his own decisions and do things as per his choice.

She knew that taking control over his life just because she is his mother is not a righteous thing to do. But in all these hustles of right or wrong she was hoping that her son might take a serious note in his life. She wanted him to take care of himself as much as he looks after his company.

As much as he's ambitious and determined towards his work, she also wants him to enjoy his life like other adults out there are doing.

" I'm not lonely, for God's sake stop assuming things on your own" Ryan told her loud enough.

" I'm just focused on my business unlike you" he rasped at her while she still stood silently.

" Mom, I'm serious, stop forcing me to make commitments that I'm not ready for." He held her shoulders to shake her lightly, as she seemed to be lost in thoughts.

" But I was just......" She began to explain.

" I'm not finished yet " he harshly cut her off.

And spoke " for your concern, if I like someone the first person I'll tell is You....and if I... " He trailed off as Jenny crossed his mind.

He knows that no matter how hard he tries to ignore it but the truth always keeps coming up in front of his eyes. He likes her and that's for sure, but when he asks himself what's next after Liking her there's no answer for it.

pushing away his unsure feelings about her Ryan thought twice before speaking again " if I love someone... Surely I'll bring her home to meet you " the last part of the sentence he said was something that he wasn't sure about yet he said to make her feel assured.

He could see the instant smile on Maria's face as soon as he said that.

His eyes softened as he felt his anger washing away in his mother's warm smile.

" So till then don't pull this kind of stunt," he said

Maria node said " but promise me you won't die single? "

Ryan couldn't suppress his laugh as she brought her right arm forward waiting for him to promise her.

" I promise, I won't die single," he laughed.

*****

It was the middle of night when Ryan felt someones hand sneaking around his waist. Breathing unevenly he opened his eyes leisurely to look around. The tickling sensation on his skin alarmed him suddenly as he recognized whos touch it was. 

Gulping down the lump created in his throat in fear Ryan spoke please, not tonight his voice barely came out since his inner side was shivering and  leading him in a pool of sweat. 

He was anxious about things that may happen in a few minutes, and there's nothing he could do about it. 

why not  

His ear twitched, feeling the hot breath falling on his ear along with the nap of neck. With every passing second he could feel his body becoming weak and turning into jelly. 

It's painful, '' he mumbled slowly, recalling the horrible acts that he endured last night.

dont worry, I'll make the pain go away his lips brushed against the back of Ryans ear which made him feel disgusted.

dadplease no he cried slowly letting the tear slip away from his eyes as he felt helpless

Ryan snapped out of his thoughts that took him in his past that terrified him. Catching some breaths he looked around to make sure that it was just a slip of his mind. 

The laptop in front of him was still on, he doesnt know when he dozed off while working.

Drinking the water from a jug in one go Ryan shut down his laptop and poured a glass of whisky for himself because thats the only way to keep his mind sane and not let it go back to those moments that he loathes from the core of his heart and soul.