~ Chapter Sixteen ~

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~

"Where do you want to go?" Tae asked gently, once they were in Seoul and sitting in the company car.

She looked at Han, Tae's personal bodyguard, staring at her from the rearview mirror. Should she ask him to take her to the penthouse with him? It would be the safest bet.

For both of them.

"I-" she was interrupted by an insistent beeping sound from Tae's phone.

He held up a finger and answered the phone.

"Hyung?" He asked.

"Yes, we just landed a while ago" he answered to something the other had asked.

"I know. I'm sorry it's just..." he paused for something his brother was saying.

"I know I promised her but under the circumstances....." he tried, pausing again for the other to speak.

"She's fine now" he sighed.

"I'll let you know hyung! I can't just leave her to her own devices like that." Tae exclaimed.

"Arasso hyung." He said hanging up. He rubbed his temples in irritation.

"What is it?" Jia asked in a small voice.

"Jin hyung wants me to come home. I had promised Sua I would after the Jeju trip. I didn't expect...."

"You should go" Jia interrupted him.

"What? No! I won't leave you alone." He argued.

"I'm fine now Tae. You should go home." She insisted. "You'd be safe there" she mumbled quietly.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing"

"Jia for the love of God!" He exclaimed in frustration. "Please" he begged. "Just please, talk to me. Whatever it is, just tell me Jia. I'm not a fool. I know something's up." He turned around holding her hand in both of his. "I meant it when I said I love you Jaagi. Whatever it is I can take care of it for you. You just need to tell me."

"I don't know what you are talking about" her eyes were wide with surprise. She'd had no idea he was suspicious of her.

Just went to show how much love blinds a person.

She huffed in irritation.

"Is someone blackmailing you?" He tried again, with a frown.

"I don't understand what you are on about Tae." She whined, pretending to be stupid just to throw off the suspicion. "I just wasn't feeling well before and probably had a small panic attack because of the crowd. I have a little anxiety but I'm fine now. Please just take me to my apartment and go home to your family."

"Are you sure?" He asked in defeat.

"Yes. Please."

"Okay." He said signalling to Han who was obviously listening in to their conversation.

"Can you just send me the location to your apartment Do Jia-ssi?" Han asked quietly.