Chapter 3

Hey guys, if anyone's reading this could you PLEASE vote or comment!

Ch.3

I walk into my room and lock the door behind me. Dante’s words shouldn’t have hurt me, but somehow they did. I know I’m not the most feminine of nymphs, but I didn’t realise that even my two best friends didn’t think me capable of being a “proper” girl. Maybe Mara-mot’s fears aren’t completely without reason. If those two buffoons don’t realise I’m female, then who will?

I open my closet doors with a decisive pull, and begin rifling through all of my clothes. I have millions of dresses thanks to Mara-mot; now I just have to pick one. Normally, if I had to dress like a girl, I would ask Mara-mot or Kara to help me; but today, my pride demands that I do this myself. I decide on a sleeveless, floor-length, tie-dye dress of the colours green and grey. The straps are braids made of the same material as the dress. They go down my chest in a V-shape and cross underneath my breasts to continue their criss-cross pattern across my bare back. There are 2 large slits running up either side of the dress, allowing me run or fight freely if I so wish. I decide put my hair up; usually I leave it down so that I can flick people in the face with my braids while fighting, but today I will not need to.

Now, what can I do with my face? Just some simple coal around my eyes, to make their grey colour stand out. I rub some dew drops from a tree outside onto my skin; it gives my already bronzed skin a glow.  Finally, some jewellery, I think I’ll just add some silver anklets to my feet; I already have the necklace and earrings that my parents gave me. I look at myself in the mirror and nod; fully satisfied with my appearance. I wonder what the boys will say? And Mara-mot? I think I’m appropriately dressed; I didn’t want to go too overboard.

I step out of my room and skip lightly down the stairs; I glance at the sun-dial and gasp. Oops! I took a lot longer than I thought; the guys have probably left without me. I enter the living room to see that I’m right. Only Mara-mot and Ripa-dot are here. They stare at me as I enter, and I begin to blush, maybe I was wrong, this isn’t what I should be wearing.

I turn back to the stairs, “maybe I should go upstairs and change...”

“NO! You look magnificent! Come closer, let me take a look at you!” Mara-mot pulls me closer towards her and her husband. They both have massive smiles on their faces.

“Do you really like it? I mean, this is the first time I’ve ever tried something like this...”

“Cassie, you look fine my child. Now go have fun. Those two idiot friends of yours have already left the house, you’ll have to hurry to catch up with them.” I smile up at Ripa-dot.

“Thank you ,Ripa-dot, it means a lot to me to have your approval.” He takes me in a swift hug, then hastily lets go. His voice is a bit gruff when he speaks.

“Go along now, otherwise the barbeque will already be over by the time you get there!”

“Yes sir!” And with that I walk out the door and towards the river. I wonder if Mila can give me a lift again? Hopefully a safer one this time.

*************************************************************************

Riapa-dot was right. By the time I get to the bonfire, luckily in one piece, the party’s in full swing. Everybody’s dancing  or sitting down and laughing with their friends. Good, at least this way when I enter the clearing I won’t attract too much attention. I search for some familiar faces, and with some relief, I spot Kara and Leo sitting down on a nearby log. I make my way over to them.

“Hey guys, what’s up?”

“CASSIE?! Is that you? You look amazing!” This comes from Kara, typically, she still looks as if someone’s been slipping her a steady supply of speed since she was born.