𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. material girl

s3 e2 {the mall rats}
"CAUSE WE ARE LIVING IN A MATERIAL WORLD AND I AM A MATERIAL GIRL. YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE LIVING IN A MATERIAL WORLD." madonna

    "AND THEN HE SAID HE MISSED ME

"AND THEN HE SAID HE MISSED ME. Then he just hung up." Max paced back and forth in front of the brunette, thinking to herself for a moment.

"Is it alright if I grab someone more... experienced." El look at her for a moment, repeating the word 'experienced' as Max nodded her head. The red head quickly left the room, coming back a few seconds later with Mickey. The older girl had just gotten back from the mall with Steve and Dustin, having to watch Max while everyone else was out... not that she needed anyone to watch her.

"Mickey. Hi." The older Mayfield girl smiled as she walked over to the other side of the bed, laying on her stomach so she was facing Max.

"Okay, back to it. Let's hear it."

"Mikes been ignoring El. I guarantee you that him and Lucas as playing Atari right now." El sighed, telling Max that friends don't lie. "Yeah well boyfriends lie, all the time."

"The good ones don't lie, unless it's a surprise. If their lie doesn't result in you being happy by the end of it, he shouldn't have lied in the first place."

"Does Steve lie?" Mickeys head snapped in Els direction, kind of shocked that the brunette had asked her that.

"Harrington is not my boyfriend." Max chuckled as her sister began to grow uncomfortable, clearly caught off guard by the girls question. "Okay, listen. Do to him what he's doing to you. Don't answer his calls and don't call him. He does not exist to you anymore, El."

"He treated you like garbage. Now you're gonna treat him like garbage. Give him a taste of his own medicine. And if he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself, dump his ass." Mickey nodded along in agreement with a grin on her face, proud of her younger sister.

"Come on. We're going to have a girls day. Forget about all the boy drama." El questioned the two girls as they got up from the bed.

"There's more to life than stupid boys, you know?"

    "Okay, what do you guys want to do first?" The brunette looked around, making the two Mayfield girls come to a realization

"Okay, what do you guys want to do first?" The brunette looked around, making the two Mayfield girls come to a realization. "You've never been shopping before, have you, El?" El shook her head, making the two girls smile.

"Then I guess we just have to try everything." Max grabbed onto the brunettes hand, pulling her through the crowd as Mickey followed closely behind. The three girls made their way into the Gap, finding some new outfits.

"El, look." El turned around to see Mickey pointing up at a mannequin, asking her if she liked it. The girl turned to Max, asking her how she would know what she likes.

"You just try things on. Until you find something that feels like you."

"Like me?" Max and Mickey nodded as El smiled, realizing that with these two girls, she could do anything she wanted and more, for herself. After about twenty minutes of shopping, E had finally found the perfect thing for her.

"Come on, I know just the place." Mickey led the girls to Flash Studios. They spent at least twenty minutes talking pictures, laughing, and enjoying themselves.

"Wait, Mickey, come here." The girl followed the two behind a pillar, looking out to see four girls talking to some douche from on of the food stands. El used her powers to make their drinks explode all over them, making the three laugh. "See? What'd I tell you? There's more to life than stupid boys."

"Can we get ice cream?" Max turned to the brunette and then Mickey, who rolled her eyes with a nod.

"He's gonna think I'm stalking him." Max and El grinned as they pulled Mickey towards the Scoops Ahoy, grins on all of their faces. When they entered, Steve was leaned up against the counter, messing around with a rubber band.

"Oh, Steeeeve." The Harrington boy looked up at the younger red head as she spoke in a sing song tone, El beside her. "We'd like three cones please. Two strawberry and one vanilla with sprinkles and extra whip cream." Steve caught a glance of Mickey, who's smile was lighting up the whole room it felt like.

"Mick... you just couldn't get enough of me, huh?" Mickey chuckled, shaking her head as she leaned against the counter, their faces becoming rather close.

"You wish. But I do need a favor."

"Oh yeah, and what is that?" Max and El giggled behind the girl as Mickey smiled.

"Free ice cream? Please?" Steve's eyes widened as he listened to the girl, suddenly falling under her spell as he began to stutter.

"I mean- uh- yeah. Yeah, sure, yeah." The boy cleared his throat, standing up to scoop their ice cream. After a few minutes, he came back with three cones, hanging them to the girls.

"Thanks, Harrington."

"Yeah, no problem. Wait a second, is she even allowed to be here?" Max and El looked at each other, running out of the parlor with smiles on their faces as Mickey answered.

"I'm babysitting, but uh, how's the code cracking going?"

"We got our first sentence. Not very interesting though. But I'll let you know when we've figured out the whole thing." The red head grinned, running her free hand through her hair, swooping it out of her face. Steve smiled because it gave him a free look at her face, examining every single detail from her blue eyes to her dimples to the freckles that littered her nose. Man, was he in deep shit.

"You better. Bye."

"Bye, Mick."

APOLLO SPEAKS
Steve's so whipped it's insane