𝐭𝐰𝐨. fast car

s2 e2 {trick or treat, freak}
"SEE, MY OLD MAN'S GOT A PROBLEM. HE LIVES WITH THE BOTTLE, THAT'S THE WAY IT IS." tracy chapman

    "YOU'RE LATE AGAIN

    "YOU'RE LATE AGAIN." The two older teens leaned against the trunk of Billy's car as Max stood with her skateboard in hand. Mickey greeted her sister with a smile as her sunglasses sat low on her nose.

    "Yeah, I had to get catch up homework." The long haired boy scoffed as he turned to Max, who was opening the car door.

    "Jesus, I don't care. You're late again and you're skating home. Do you hear me?" Mickey turned to her brother, slapping his chest with the back of her hand as he rolled his eyes, tossing his cigarette bud out on the ground.

    "Be nice to her, asshole." The three got in the car, the two girls barely getting a chance to put on their seatbelts before Billy pulled out of the parking space. He swerved out of the parking lot and started his drive down the street.

    "God, this place is such a shithole." While Mickey agreed, from the back, Max put in her own opinion.

    "It's not that bad." Billy looked at her through the rear view mirror as he rolled Mickeys down.

    "You smell that, Max? That's actually shit. Cow shit." The older red head in the front seat rolled her eyes as she rolled up her window.

    "I don't see any cows." The older girl swept her curly red hair out of her face as her brother spoke.

    "Clearly, you haven't met the high school girls." Billy looked away from his rear view mirror for a second before looking back and continuing his conversation with Max. Mickey sat back and listened to Max and Billy talk, something they hardly ever did. "So what, you like it here now?"

    "No."

    "Then why are you defending it?" Max looked at Billy, defending herself, telling him she was not. "Sure sounds like it." Mickey rolled her eyes, having enough of Billy's attitude towards her little sister.

    "Billy, give her a break. You're always on her about something. So what if she doesn't absolutely hate it here like us? She can have her own opinions." Billy scoffed, his jaw clenching as he turned to his step sister. There were only ever two people in Billy's life who he had respected enough to listen to. That was his mother, before she left him by himself with his father, and Mickey, the only person who cared enough to listen to him. Whenever he had an issue, he would go to her.

    "It's just we're stuck here, so..."

    "You're right. We're stuck here. And who's fault is that?"

    "Billy." The older redhead knew that Billy blamed their mother for his fathers behavior and for leaving his mother.

    "Yours." Max had mumbled under her breath but unfortunately, it was still loud enough for Billy to hear. Her older sister rolled her eyes as she leaned her arm against the door, looking out the window.

    "What'd you say? Did you say it's my fault?" Max mumbled a no as Billy continued. "You know whose fault it is? Say it." The young girl didn't answer, her head down, looking at her hands. "Max, say it." Suddenly, the boy turned in his seat to yell at Max. "Say it!" The boy quickly turned back, hitting his palm against the wheel to the beat of the music as he hit the gas. Max leaned forward between the seats, looking at what was ahead of them.

    "Billy, slow down." Mickey turned her eyes away from the window and looked foreword, seeing three boys on their bikes, dressed like Ghostbusters. She lifted her glasses up as her eyes widened.

    "Billy, slow the fuck down."

    "Are these your new hick friends, Max?" Max shook her head, telling him she didn't know them as they got closer. "I guess you won't care if I hit 'em, then? I get bonus points if I get them all in one go?"

    "Billy, who the fuck cares if she knows them? If you hit them, you'll go to fucking jail." The brunette chuckled as he stepped down on the gas harder, probably hitting eighty miles an hour.

    "No, stop. It's not funny." The older boy just continued to move to the music, bumping his hand to the beat with a smirk on his face. "Billy, come on, stop it. It's not funny. Stop!" As they got scarily close, Max leapt from the back seat, grabbing the steering wheel just in time to turn it. Mickey watched the boys they had passed fall off of their bikes and into the grass, thankful they hadn't been hit.

    "Yeah! That's was a close one, huh?"

    "Billy, you're fucking insane you know that?" The older boy laugh manically as Max sat back in her seat, looking through the back window at her friends. "You could've fucking killed those kids! What we're you thinking?"

    "Calm down, Mick. They're fine. It was a joke."