𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. i love rock n' roll

s2 e9 {the gate}
"I LOVE ROCK N' ROLL, SO PUT ANOTHER DIME IN THE JUKEBOX, BABY." joan jett & the blackhearts

    "DOES SHE KNOW ABOUT THE-" Mickey turned to Steve, motioning towards the blood dripping from her nose, the boy nodding

"DOES SHE KNOW ABOUT THE-" Mickey turned to Steve, motioning towards the blood dripping from her nose, the boy nodding. The group watched as the two teens hugged in the middle of the living room, holding each other close.

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for-" Before the happy boy could finish, the girl cut him off, a smile on her face.

"Three hundred fifty three days. I heard."

"That's dedication." Steve rolled his eyes, elbowing Mickey which made her scoff. "What the fuck, dude?" Before the Mayfield girl could continue, the Harrington boy held his pointed finger up to his lips, telling the girl to shut up.

"Let them have their moment." The red head rolled her eyes, looking back at the two kids in front of her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Mickey looked at the older man, mumbling under her breath about how much of a dick move that was. "The hell is this? Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" The older man walked towards the nameless girl, pulling her into a hug as Mike stared at him in shock.

"You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" The red head and the rest of the group watched as Mike pushed the older man, clearly mad that he couldn't talk to his girl friend.

"Hey!" The older man grabbed Mike by the collar, keeping him in check. "Let's talk. Alone." Everyone watched the two walk out of the living room, Mickey turning to Steve.

"So who's that?" The brunette followed her finger to the girl in the middle of the room.

"That's El. She and Mike have this thing? I don't know." The Mayfield girl looked at El, wondering why the man would hide her from Mike.

"And the old dude?"

    "It's not like it was before

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. And I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs." Dustin turned to Hopper, correcting him by saying that they were actually Demo-dogs. "I'm sorry, what?" Mickey sighed, rolling her eyes as Dustin repeated himself. "How is this important right now?"

"It's not, I'm sorry."

"I can do it." Everyone looked at El, the older man shaking his head.

"You're not hearing me." The younger girl nodded her head, repeating herself to get the man to say yes, proving she can.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Max looked at the boy, her brows knit together in confusion as she questioned.

"I thought that was the whole point?"

"It is, but if we're really right about this... I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayers army..."

"Wills apart of that army." Mike nodded along with the boy, telling everyone that if they closed the gate it could kill him. The older woman's eyes widened, wondering what they were going to do so she could keep her child alive.

 The older woman's eyes widened, wondering what they were going to do so she could keep her child alive

"Alright. It should fit now." Steve stood in the kitchen, a blanket wrapped monster in hand as Mickey sat on the counter, holding a bag of chips.

"Is this really necessary?"

"Yes, it is, okay? This is a ground breaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog." The red heads ears perked up at the end of the boys sentence, turning to him.

"Didn't you say it was a dog?" The Henderson boy turned to her with a confused looked on her face, questioning her. "You kept correcting people and calling it a demo-dog. Therefore, a dog." Dustin looked at Steve, like he was waiting for back up, only to get a grin in return.

"She got you there."

"Whatever. Just put it in the fridge, Steve." The older boy let out a deep breath, telling him that he would be the one explaining it to Ms. Byers.

"Help me out." Dustin and Mickey watched as Steve struggled, asking him what he wanted them to do. "One of you just get the door."

"Alright, alright." The two quickly shut the fridge before letting out a large sigh of relief. The Harrington boy turned to the red head on the counter, who looked about ready to laugh.

"Thank you so much for your help."

"Anytime."