V - Fast Track

There was no way I could talk to Carlos or Lando. I knocked on their hotel room doors the day after the party. No one answered. They were either gone or really mad at me. I could not blame them. I would probably feel the same way if someone did it to me.

  Our team and I went to Barcelona, where the next race was going to happen. The first day at the circuit was a little bit intense to me. I kept thinking about what happened and I wanted to apologize to Carlos and Lando. I was too anxious for that moment. The more the time was passing, the worse.

Hopefully they were not mad at me. They would understand, right? I mean- What if something really bad had happened to me? Did they even try to reach out for me? Have they spoken to someone? I tried to message them on Instagram, but it was pointless. They did not have my account.

  The fact that we were in Spain made that the most important race to Carlos. Most of the public was there to support him and Fernando Alonso, who is also Spanish. I definitely did not want to ruin the weekend for him, but I had to find and talk to him as soon as possible. What happened was not my fault and they deserved to know the truth.

  I kept trying to find excuses to be at the paddock working, but it seemed like Ashley wanted me to work from the little office we had there. She seemed- Different. I had to find a reason to leave and try to get closer to the drivers. I told her I found out a fan was going to propose to his girlfriend and I had to film it. She let me go.

  As I was getting near the paddock, I saw Carlos with Charles Leclerc, his teammate, getting interviewed and making videos for Ferrari. Although we had a fair distance between us, Carlos spotted me in a small crowd. We locked an eye contact that lasted for what it seemed to be a long time.

I smiled at him, but this time he did not smile back at me. That was the moment I knew he was mad at me. I did not know him for a long time, but the time we had spent together was always with him smiling all the time.

  The two Ferrari drivers finished the videos and interviews and I was ready to finally talk to Carlos about what happened in Monaco. He saw me walking towards him, but turned his back on me leaving to the other direction. That left me devastated.

"Carlos!?" I yelled.

  Charles stopped him by touching his shoulder and visibly letting him know I was calling his name by pointing at me. Charles probably had no idea of who I was and Carlos kept on shaking his head in denial. I could not hear what they were saying, but it was as clear as water that he was not interested in talking to me. I walked away.

I had to focus on my job. That was what I was there for and what I did. When Sunday came in, it was really hard not to think about the whole situation as everyone was cherishing for Carlos. I wanted to explain myself, but if he would not care to listen, then I would not bother him with it.

Completely out of nowhere, I heard Lando's voice saying hello from behind me. Seemed like he was not as childish as Carlos, although he was some years younger. At least he spoke to me.

"Hi Lando, I wasn't expecting you to talk to me, to be honest" I answered.

"Carlos doesn't talk to you, does he?"

"He doesn't seem to be interested in that"

"What you did was quite bad"

"You don't even know what happened. How can you say that?" I was the one starting to get mad at that point.

"Yeah, we do. We looked out for you and asked"

"What are you talking about?"

"We saw Ashley and asked about you. We were worried about you for a long time"