VIII - Enough

"Wake up Hayley! You're gonna be late!" my aunt told me as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Five more minutes" I answered.

"Don't make me tell your cousin to bring a bucket of cold water"

"I am awake!"

"You're gonna miss your flight"

"I am so tired" I said yawning.

"I think you've been working way too much, honey. You need a break"

"Don't worry about me. I love what I do. Besides, I can always sleep on the plane"

"It's a long trip, isn't it? Canada is totally worth it though"

"They didn't want me to go at first. We're going there just to come back to Europe after. It's exhausting. I've never been there, so I begged them to go" I stated hiding the fact that I actually wanted to see Carlos and find out about the girl he was hanging out with.

  Having to be on the same plane as Ashley seemed to be an impossible task until we started speaking more like normal people again. Or at least trying to.

She started talking about her private life, being more friendly and- Nice? Yes, she was being nice. Maybe she was not that bad after all.

"So, that is pretty much my luck with guys" she seemed to be finishing her speech. "I mean- I can't really include Carlos in this" she put her hair behind her ear in a shy way.

Cringe.

"Carlos? Who?" I acted like I did not hear what she said the other day about her being the girl of the photo. It had to be a joke and she was about to embarrass herself.

"Hayley, please- Promise me you won't tell anyone about this. I don't want any problems at work or even for him"

"Of course. I promise"

What ever.

  Ashley unlocked her phone, opened the gallery app and began to show me photos of Carlos sleeping next to her in what seemed to be a hotel room.

"He is gorgeous, isn't he?" she said with the biggest smile on her face while I was not sure what to say.

"He- Yeah. I mean- Yes"

"He means a lot to me"

"Does he know that?" I sarcastically asked until I realized she was not lying about her being the girl of the photo. It made sense.

"Of course he knows that. We have something very special"

"You do? I am glad you do! Wow"

"We have been keeping our relationship low-profile. You know how it is. Well... you don't, but I'm sure you can imagine what it's like to date a celebrity, right?"

"Relationship, you said?"

"Yes, Hayley. I would be very upset if I knew that someone has been trying anything with him. The things I would be capable of doing..."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing" she smiled before putting her earphones back on her ears and starting listening to music in a very loud volume.

That was a very ugly warning. She knew exactly what she was doing.

  We landed in Canada at really late hours. I had something for dinner at the hotel and went to bed right away. The small conversation with Ashley was replaying in my head over and over again all night. We got together to the circuit the day after pretending we never had that conversation.

Heart Race (Carlos Sainz/F1 fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें