IV - Undercover

Hours and days had passed. It was finally Sunday and I had not seen Carlos again. I obviously knew I could find him at Ferrari's garages, but for professional reasons, it would not look good to go there and bother everyone for a simple chat.

It was not ideal either. All of us were working. My team kept giving me more and more work. Sunday was indeed a busy day for everyone there.

Why was I even thinking about Carlos in the first place? The man is very handsome and there is something about that Spanish accent that attracts me, but I need to focus at work.

Maybe I should not be thinking out loud. It is not like he would ever look at someone like me anyway. They always prefer the perfect model type girls.

  I got up close to all the drivers by the end of the race as they began to give interviews to the media. I was there with Frank, another colleague of mine. Max Verstappen won the race as usual while Carlos ended up in P8. I guess things did not go that well to him, but it was still better than getting no points.

  All the cameras were focused on them, so I could not talk with anyone. Carlos smiled at me as soon as he saw me. Daniel Ricciardo did not have a problem in shaking my hand and saying hello. Suddenly, someone jump scared me by touching my shoulder. It was someone from Ferrari handing me a paper note.

"Meet me at the hotel. Room 273. 19:55"

That had to be Carlos. What exactly was happening? Part of me was happy for it, but I can not deny that it was also slightly creepy. Hopefully, he was a good person just like the last time we had spoken.

At that point I could not think about anything else but seeing him at the hotel. I was so excited and nervous at the same time to see what could possibly happen.

  Ashley would not leave me alone, so when we got back to the hotel, I went to my room pretending to be tired. It helped me gain some time as well. I had an hour to take a quick shower and get ready for whatever was about to happen at 19:55.

Was I supposed to look that good? Act like I did not care much? One thing I knew and still know for sure is that I think way too much.

  I looked out for the door of the room 273 for about ten minutes before the time he had asked me to be there. I took a deep breath before anything and as I got mentally prepared, Carlos came out of the room before I could knock on the door.

"Oh, hello! You came earlier" he said smiling.

"Hi! I didn't want to be late to- Whatever this is" I answered in the most calm but confused way.

"Sorry, I hope this was not creepy. I couldn't talk to you in front of so many reporters with cameras and microphones pointed at me, and didn't want to ruin your job either. This was the only thing that came to my mind since we're at the same hotel" he said with his Spanish accent.

"That was very smart of you, I guess. And that's okay! You did the right thing, but what exactly are we both doing here?"

"Remember the after-party I talked to you about?"

"Yes?"

"You are now on the guest list"

"Carlos, I appreciate that, but you know tomorrow I-"

"I know! I know!" he interrupted me. "It's only one night! You're new in the team and I know you don't know anyone just yet, so let me help you make some friends. Besides, we're in Monaco"

  Part of me was dying to say yes, but can you imagine how tired I was going to be on the next day to catch a flight to Barcelona? Ashley would probably tell my boss and I could get fired right at the start of my career.