I - Sky

"And last, but not least! Here is your room" My aunt Maria said in a very exciting tone while opening the door of what was going to be my new bedroom.

  I had finally made the decision to move to the United Kingdom after trying and thinking about it for so long. My aunt lives there since ever and she was able to help me with everything, including giving me a space in her house.

My dad, her brother, has always worked with cars and gave me the passion for motorsports. We never missed a Formula One race on the Sundays when I was younger. Due to the nature of being a woman, I never really saw a chance to ever become a racing driver. It always felt like something impossible.

Although the dream was very alive, I ended up not focusing on it much and ended up going to university to study Marketing and Media. I made a few internships that put me into it even more. I could feel that I really wanted to work on it.

  Finding a good job that could suit my experience and studies was ideal, but what truly gave me the push I needed to move to another country, was finding out a new community that wanted to form new female racing drivers. I could not really believe it at first. It is called 'Driving Women'.

They gave me and other girls a few online theoretical classes and tests first to see who was truly into the sport. I passed the tests with only correct answers. My dad prepared me for them in the past without even knowing.

The teachers of the community were happy and impressed with my results, so I got selected to attend a few events and track days. On those track days, the group of selected girls got the chance to try a racing GT car for the very first time.

I started shaking as soon as I sat myself on that car! It was a BMW. All the nerves disappeared as soon as I pressed the pedal. For some reason, it felt like it was not my first time driving a fast car. It felt so natural. I loved every second of it and came back for more events a couple of times.

My mother was not as happy with it. She always supported my dreams and plans, but I was not in the best situation to spend that amount of money regularly. My internship was over, they did not renew my contract, so I was not getting any money or working at all.

She was right. I had to stop with the frequent flights and events. The good part of it was that I was able to spend those days with my aunt. That is how she came up with the idea to permanently move to England.

  I began sending my CV to loads of great and not so great places. Some of them were too far away, others called me for an interview, but never reached out back again. I knew the perfect job would not come immediately from the sky and that is what I told my aunt, who kept on trying to help somehow.

"Have you had any response from that one online interview you had over the last week?" she asked.

"Nothing yet" I answered.

"I hope you know I am not trying to-"

"I know, don't worry! You're the best aunt in the world. I know you are only trying to help" I interrupted.

"You know I can speak to some of my contacts. Why do you have to be so stubborn? Just let me do it, Hayley"

"Auntie, you know how much it means to me to accomplish stuff without any help"

"You're just like your father! Put your pride aside for a moment. There is absolutely no problem in getting a little help. Jobs don't come from the sky these days" she looked focused as if she was mentally making a plan. "Hang on a second... That's it!"

"What is what? I am so lost" I answered.

"Sky"

"What's up with it? No pun intended"