Thirty Three

"So cold

"So cold...The wind is coming through, making it three times as cold."

Randou shuddered as he huddled closer to the lit fireplace. The hot flames fueled by the burning of books that surrounded the shivering Mafia executive was the only source providing him with any warmth he so desperately needed; thanks to the massive damage to the roof of the building he resided in. "The wind is coming through making it three times as cold."

"Must have been rough, huh, Randou-san?" Dazai mused, his lone eye devoid of any light as his legs carried him near the shivering man.

"That was brutal. Why me?"

"It's easy to guess why we were attacked. The rumor is spreading. If a Mori supporter like you were to die in a black explosion, people would take the anger of the former boss more seriously."

Dazai's gaze flickered from the back of Randou's head to the eyes of the older Nakahara, plucking a folded piece of paper pinched in between his fingers.

"One of the GSS soldiers he tore up on the way here had these instructions for faking a black explosion."

"A black explosion?" Randou parroted, his tone laced in confusion.

"Apparently, if you burn sodium in front of a sodium lamp, you can get a blackish flame." The brunette-haired teen reads from the small sheet of paper before crumpling it into a ball with his fist and discarding the paper over his shoulder.

"Whatever the case, it's just a cheap trick."

Randou's teeth chattered as the sheer coldness of the room intensified. Sucking a shaky breath through his gritted teeth, Randou blindly picked up a book from a stack piled next to his chair and chucked it into the fire. The flames consumed the hard-cover book in a matter of seconds.

"So let me get this straight, the GSS people attacked this guy, pretending to be Arahabaki, in order to get the Port Mafia to turn on itself." Y/N's eyes narrowed thoughtfully.

"The current GSS president is a cold-hearted man. Rumor has it that he has close ties to the Guild, a North American secret organization."

"Tell me about Arahabaki, as you saw it in Suribachi City. That's the only lead we have on the resurrection of the former boss."

"I remember it clearly." Randou responded, a cold sweat trickling down the side of his face. "How could I ever forget? I was the only survivor.  My subordinates all burned to ash. They were engulfed by that black flame. It was no doubt that God of Fire."

A wolfish grin slithers onto Dazai's face, "This is getting interesting. Tell us more."

"It happened close to the center of Suribachi City. We, the Port Mafia, were on our way to battle the children of the Sheep. There, without warning, we were all blown away by a black explosion. A sudden blast wave. All I could do was protect myself with my ability. Black flames. Crumbling earth. It was Hell on Earth. And in the middle, there it was. It wasn't the former boss. No, it wasn't even human. A beast. A beast of black flames.