Twenty Nine

"Who's that again?" Nobara blankly questioned as she disinterestedly eyed the male who had called out Megumi's name, with a girl clutching onto his waist sitting on the back of his bicycle

"Fushiguro's underclassman. Don't you remember picking on him?" Yuji brought forth; causing a shimmer of recognition surge through her eyes.

"You were talking about Yasohachi Bridge? I'm really glad I found you here!" 

Megumi's eyes drifted to the familiar looking brunette-haired girl who his underclassman had brought with him.

"Fujinuma?"

The black-haired teen murmured resulting in Akari to glace over in his direction waiting for the teen to clarify on how he had known the brown-haired girl's name.

"A classmate."

"My older sister." Megumi's underclassman disclosed.

Fujinuma politely bowed, a small smile growing on her face. "I'm glad you remember me."

"I was telling my sis about how I saw you yesterday..."

"Um, Morishita from the neighborhood passed away recently... Then my brother told me that you were investigating the Yasohachi Bridge. I thought, maybe it was more than a coincidence."

From behind the backs of his underclassman and Fujinuma, Akari shook her head discreetly, silently telling him to not confide any information to them.

"What do you mean?" Megumi pressed on, understanding the message that Akari was getting across to him.

"I mean, is Morishita's death somehow related to the bridge?"

"It's not. We're just—"

"I... I went there." Fujinuma stammered, her eyes trembled as they widened in fear while tilting her head down towards the ground. "When I was in the eighth grade... I went to Yasohachi Bridge at night."

"Anything weird going on at home these days? Something that only you find odd?"

Y/N insisted, drawing closer towards the spooked brunette who shakily raised her head; her eyes locking onto the two jujutsu student sorcerers.

"My family runs a local branch shop. For whatever reason, the shop's automatic door is wide open every time I come home. Mom and Dad both say it's just a coincidence, but there's definitely something there. I've been so scared. That's when I heard about you, and remembered the Yasohachi Bridge."

Fujinuma admits, hugging her arms close to her body in an attempt to comfort herself as her body continued to shiver compulsively

"When did the issue with your door start?"

"A week ago. It happens about every other day now."

'All four victims died at least two weeks after reporting the strange events. We still have some time.'