Thirty One

The distinctive roar of a motorcycle being driven onto the school grounds of Jujutsu Tech had provoked Yuji to jump onto his feet with a bright smile on his face

Without a moment's hesitation, the pink-haired male dashed from the comfort of his room to just beyond the male student dormitory, bypassing Nobara and Megumi who were conversing amongst themselves in the hallway.

Once outside, Yuji's eyes very quickly locate his partner's vibrant red curly hair sticking out starkly in contrast to the trees behind her.

With her back turned facing the salmon-haired teen, placing the shiny red motorcycle on its kickstand, Yuji excitedly lunges forward; throwing himself across the back of the red-haired teen. "You're finally back! You've barely responded to any of my messages, I was beginning to worry. How did it go?"

Y/N had been missing from Jujutsu Tech for an entire two weeks; due to Mori requesting her presence in Yokohama to debrief him on her mission's current progress, as well as filing stacks of paperwork that had been mounting heavily in her absence.

Y/N was fairly certain that at some point her wrist was about to snap off.

Chuuya kept Y/N's gruesome training she had underwent with Gojo on track by having her simultaneously attack him and Akutagawa for hours on end all throughout each day of her stay; to make sure she wasn't slacking off while she was off attending business outside of Jujutsu Tech.

Whenever she wasn't filing paperwork or sparring with her brother and Akutagawa, she was sneaking away to spend what remaining time she had left in Yokohama to see Dazai who whined and became clingy every time she had to go back to the Port Mafia.

To summarize, Y/N had simply been too busy to respond to Yuji's message like she would have wanted.

The redhead giggles, turning to wrap her arm around Yuji to bring him into a sideways hug, "Sorry about that Yuji, I had a lot to work waiting for me back in Yokohama. My brother had me all caught up in sparring sessions at every waking moment when I wasn't filling out paperwork. The time had just slipped away from me. Apart from all the business I had to take care of for my Boss, it was nice seeing my friends again; the last time I saw any of them besides my brother, was the night I met you."

"That reminds me," Yuji responded as the two partners had begun to stroll up the steps of the school. "You're an executive at your place of work, aren't you? What was it called again?"

"Port Mafia, and yes, I'm one of them. Why do you ask?" Y/N titled her head in mild confusion, not bothered by her partner's simple curiosity but it made the redhead ponder what had brought this on.

"I've been wondering for a while now, how did you become an executive? How did you even get into the Port Mafia in the first place?"

'Ahh. So that's what this is about, huh?'

"Haa? Curious about my backstory all of a sudden, why's that?" Y/N taunts with a sly grin, bumping her shoulder playfully against Yuji's as the duo had made it back inside the dormitories; walking aimlessly in the halls.