chapter fourty three

I leant against the walls of the hotel, as me and Charles waited for the driver to come. For once, I didn't feel hungover at all. Just tired, very tired.

The driver arrives, it was the same one from last night. The driver smiled as he opened the door and the car boot for us. Charles grabs my suitcase from me, as he puts them in the boot with ease.

We began to head to the airport, I rested my head against the window as I rested my eyes. Charles sat next to the driver, as he spoke to the driver for the whole journey.

"I'll assume you guys had a really fun night!" The driver exclaims with a smile.

Charles chuckles, "Very fun."

We arrived at the airport, which looked completely vacant. It was 5am, but I figured it would've been swarmed with fans that flew in for the race. We both thank the driver and head into the airport, Charles insisting on carrying both of our suitcases.

As we make our way to board the private jet, my phone starts ringing.

"Vic? Shouldn't you be up in the air by now?" I ask her.

"Ella! There's some engine issue with our plane!" Victoria shouts down the phone.

"Okay! Come to us, there's plenty of space. It's only me and Charles" I tell her as I look up at Charles who nods at me.

Victoria and Daniel come running with their suitcases, which made us both giggle as we watched them.

"Guys, there's no rush!" Charles shouts at them.

"Thank you so much, man" Daniel says as he gives Charles a quick hug.

"Thank you, Charles!" Victoria exclaims with a smile, she then whispers something in his ear. I hoped that was an apology for her accusations yesterday.

We all smile at one another when I hear a squeak of wheels moving behind me. I turn to see Lando, in a white hoodie with sunglasses on. His face looked so stern and angry, as he carries his suitcase to us.

I expected him to at least say thank you to Charles, but he didn't. He doesn't even acknowledge us.

We all get onto the place, I sat next to Charles, with Victoria and Daniel sat opposite us. Lando was sat near us, with his headphones on as he stared out the window.

"So, Ella. What are your plans now?" Daniel asks, "You know since you won't be working?"

I sigh, not even knowing how to answer that question. I can't even imagine working anywhere else other than in the F1 world.

"Well, first I need to find out who leaked us to the media. Then, I don't know" I respond as I grab a bottle of water.

"You're still going to the come to the races, right?" Daniel asks.

I look at Charles, since we hadn't even spoke about the rest of the season.

"Of course she is" Charles says with a smile as he puts his arm around me.

I place my head on Charles' shoulder with a smile, "It's going to be weird going to the races and not working" I say.

"It'll be fun, right?" Victoria exclaims, with her eyebrows raised high.

I nod, "Yes. Different, but it'll be good!" I reply with enthusiasm, even though all I was thinking about is having to see the team I once was apart of.