chapter four

It was now 9pm. Me and Victoria began to start getting ready for our celebratory night out. I straightened my dark brown hair, for the first time in months. I put on a red lip, which was far out of my comfort zone. Victoria convinced me, so I had to. I put on a short black skirt and a red shirt with knee high black boots.

"You look amazing" Victoria squealed as she got her phone out to take pictures of me.

I laughed and said "So do you!"

Victoria did look amazing. She wore an orange top with black leather pants and had her mousy blonde hair curled.

"Repping the Mclaren colours, since you didn't!" Victoria protested, I laughed.

We made our way to the kitchen and began to drink before we got to the club. We did three shots and then ordered a taxi. The shots had already made me feel drunk, I was, unfortunately, a lightweight. Victoria said she still felt sober with a sad face.

As the taxi got to the club, we saw a huge queue outside. I sighed, knowing it was going to take hours to get in. "Let's go through the back door" Victoria whispered as we walked past the queue. I laughed and we sneakily went around the back of the club, getting in with ease.

The music was extremely loud, with flashing lights everywhere. Me and Victoria looked at each other, we were thinking the exact same thing. "Bar!" we both shouted at the same time.

We started to walk towards the bar, going past the VIP tables and the dance floor. As we approached the bartender, Victoria says, "6 shots of vodka please!". I turned to Victoria with a concerned look and she laughed, which started to make me laugh.

We quickly drank three shots each. Victoria then got her phone out and called Louis. She could barely hear him but managed to hear that he was somewhere in the middle of the dance floor. We quickly headed there, looking for Louis.

His blonde hair was easy to find. He was also looking for us, when we made eye contact, I jumped up to hug him. I had my head over his shoulder facing the VIP tables. That's when I saw him. Charles Leclerc staring right at me. I knew it was him, even from a distance. I then broke eye contact to see who else he was with. He was with 5 other racers; Lando, Pierre, Daniel, Max and Yuki. I was star struck. I then realised that I have been hugging Louis for far too long and broke away from it. Now, I couldn't see the VIP booth.

Louis smiled and shouted, "Congrats Ell!" I smiled back as a thank you. Victoria then hugged Louis and I began to greet our other friends. We were all dancing for a long time. I had another 2 shots with Louis which completely turned me into a drunk mess. At this point, I forgot that the drivers were all here, which is something I would never forget if I was sober.