11: nobody else

"Princess Hasana."
"Princess."

I groaned as I slowly gained consciousness, trying to remember what had happened. As I rubbed my eyes and sat up, I found myself in the medical hut.

"Where is Izogie?" I asked frantically, looking around to see Renzi, the medical nurse. My heart sank when I realized that Izogie was not in the hut with me. My senses began to spin as I got up and exited the hut, hyperventilating in my search for Izogie.

"Princess!"

I looked up to see Nanisca who gave me a small smile and held out her arms making me hug her tightly.

"You did well, Princess. I am proud of you."Nanisca praised as she hugged me tightly making me return the embrace.

"I did that all to prove to you that you taught me well."I muttered as I held onto her tightly making her chuckle to herself.

"I meant it."I said as I looked up at her making her looked down at me confusingly.

"That I love you, Nanisca."I responded making her smile before she nodded her head before she placed her hand onto my cheek.

"I meant it too, Princess."

"Nanisca, tell me the truth," I pleaded with her, "Tell me where Izogie and Nawi are right now. I need to see them."

"Nawi is alright. Izogie you need to see yourself."

I felt my heart drop as I reluctantly followed her, knowing that the worst was about to unfold.

As I entered the candle-lit hut, I gasped at the sight of Izogie seated on her bed. I ran towards her and hugged her tightly, my entire body shaking as I held her. She wrapped her arm around my waist, her head resting against my chest as I softly caressed her cheek with my thumb.

"Hasana."She muttered making me pull away and bend down to her level to look up at her with a big smile.

"Izogie."I muttered as I pressed my hand on her cheek, I looked up at her and saw a visible frown.

"Hasana. I no longer have an arm." she muttered, picking up her bandaged arm that had been cut off, making me look up at her with a sympathetic expression.

"That does not make you any less of a warrior," I continued, sitting cross-legged in front of her and nodding my head in agreement. "You fought with your broken arm."

She looked down at her arm with disgust and sadness, reminding me just how much she had sacrificed in order to save me. She shook her head, refusing to accept the new reality.

"I will not be able to do the things I used to do, Hasana." she replied, making me shake my head before I kissed her forehead.

I stood up and leaned over her, speaking softly but firmly. "Izogie, you will not be able to do the things you used to do right now, but your body will learn to adapt. Stop doing this to yourself," I scolded softly.

I stood in front of Izogie as she stared down at her own mutilated arm, refusing to forgive herself. But I refused to let her wallow in shame, determined to lift up her spirits.

"If you want me to feel sorry for you, I will not," I stated firmly.

"I refuse to give you this time to feel bad for yourself. You lived, Izogie. That is more of a victory than anything else. You lost your arm, and that is okay. It will take a little longer than you expected, but you will be a fighter again. Izogie I have loved you for many years so I know what you do with fear and struggle, you take that fear and make yourself a stronger warrior. As your Princess and more so as your partner I demand you to pick yourself up."I muttered as I placed my hand under her chin and made her look up at me.

"When have you ever bowed at me?"I joked with a small smile making her smile as well before she pulled me into in between her thighs and pulled me into a hug.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched Izogie warm up after my pep talk, grateful that my words had made an impact. As she hugged me tightly, I glanced at Nanisca, who stepped into the shadows and vanished with a respectful nod.

"We make a great team on the battlefield," I mumbled, enjoying the comfort of Izogie's embrace.

"I forgot how fierce you are when you fight, my love." she said, making me smile once again. "You're a born warrior."

"I love you, I love you so much. I do not know what I would have done with myself if you had died in my arms that day."I responded before I kissed her forehead making her chuckle.

"You were afraid? Did you see how hard you fought with me wrapped around your one arm. I had faith that you were going to save me, my love."Izogie responded making me giggle before I shook my head.

"I had to protect you at any cost."I replied making her hold me tighter as she closed her eyes and placed her head on my chest.

"You did not say you love me back."I mumbled making her open her eyes to look up at me.

"It is supposed to happen naturally anyway."She teased obviously mocking me making me kiss my teeth as I pushed her down onto the bed and straddled her waist.

"Say you love me."I playfully demanded before I grinded onto her making her groan as she placed her hand onto my waist halting my movement.

"If you take me to your bedroom I might just say it several times." she seductively responded, prompting my interest as she took control.

I took her hand in mine and dragged her into my room, locking the door behind us.

"Oh?"she gasped when I pushed her onto the bed.

"I am giving you princess treatment, today."I muttered as I climbed onto her lap and straddled her making her chuckle as I began to kiss her neck.

"Princess treatment?"

"Yes, I feel so dominant after being on the battle field after such a long time. I see now why you felt so powerful compared to me."I playfully muttered as I continued to kiss and suck onto her neck making her chuckle whilst moaning.

"I like this."she whispered seductively, "I think I might love this, my love."she moaned softly, giving me goose bumps