Chapter Twenty Two: Fake

Start from the beginning

"Yeah!" Ian stepped back. "I was with Jerome and Mitch, and Bodil and Ant! But when the monster appeared, we all ran away and I lost them!"

"All of them are here too?" Bashur asked.

"I guess whoever invited us invited them too." Tyler answered, standing beside Bashur.

Tyler blinked a couple times. He still felt strange with the new loop. He looked around the room and the others talked with Ian about what happened. Tyler's eyes then landed on the door, and his grip on the journal that was in his hands tightened. He remembered that shortly after he met Ian in the last loop, the Oni appeared. A shiver went down his spin, and he walked over to the door, closing it and locking it. Which was great timing. As he looked down to the crack under the door, the faintest of purple fog had started to appear. He turned back to see the others looking at him.

"W-What?" Tyler asked. "O-oh, I thought that while we were in here we wouldn't want the Oni to find us. Keep talking."

"You'd think that maybe it would be able to take down a wooden door?" Sky turned to Ian.

Ian gulped. "It looked strong."

"We won't know for sure until it does." Ty stated.

"I guess we should look for the others and then get out of here." Sky said. "We'll need a plan."

"But dude! What about the Oni? What if it finds us again?" Ian asked.

"Couldn't the monster just be part of the map? Do we really know if it would kill us?" Bashur asked.

"You wanna test that?" Ty asked.

"N-no!"

"I think we should make a plan anyway, to be safe." Sky sighed.

"Well, do you remember which ways the others may have gone?" They looked to Ian.

Ian shook his head.

"Hmm. We'll have to look around. We were just as the first floor, so I don't think they are there. They might be somewhere here on the second floor." Tyler began.

"Or maybe somewhere on the upper floors." Sky suggested and Tyler nodded his head.

"We shouldn't split up, so I say we search around floor by floor, room by room, until we find them." Bashur added.

"What about weapons?" Ty asked.

Sub shrugged when they turned to him for ideas. Sub shifted from his position to walk around the small room. Ty and Sky joined him in search of something.

"I mean, other then the legs of the wooden desk, there isn't much else here." Bashur said. "Those can be sharped down."