14: Out On The Road Again

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like this will be a very interesting environment to travel through. Zora have to be careful where we go if we choose to travel, since we aren't made for a lot of areas. We do not do well when it's too cold, when it's too dry, and when it's too hot. There are elixirs that can help, of course, but it is still not a pleasant experience." Sidon explained with a frown.

"When Morfran was having an audience with my father... The way he talked about the Kingdom of Hyrule troubled me. I want to be an optimist, of course, but there are some times where you do have to exercise a fair bit of caution." He murmured, which made (Y/n) wince. "You mean that guy decked in gold? Yeah, he gave me the creeps."

"I hope that with this meeting, we can bridge the gap between our factions... But if not, then I will do all I can to protect both the Domain and the Kingdom of Hyrule." Sidon said firmly with a nod, before he was then looking at (Y/n).

"Since I am not too sure about his true nature, it is this reason I want you to keep the fact you're a Hylian a secret from him. You could be in danger if you reveal your true nature." He told her with a grave look, which made her slowly nod. Sidon also wasn't the type of be overtly serious without reason, and Morfran not knowing her true nature was a good call.

When (Y/n) went to check the map again, she then noticed that they had arrived at the lake.

"Here we are. At Lake Hylia!" She declared, as their small ship was then sailing through the lake.

Sidon was taking in the sight with awe, a big grin on his face. He felt as if he was in a miniature ocean, how massive the lake was.

When his eyes went to look at the bridge, he was even more amazed. The bridge was so long, stretching right through the big lake. It reminded him of the many bridges that made up the Domain, and suddenly, he had the urge to see how long it would take him to run through the whole length of the bridge.

"It's not that fun to run on the bridge as it is to enjoy the view. You lose your breath once you get to the other side." (Y/n) mused with a giggle, as if she was reading Sidon's mind.

"Maybe... But it is quite the thought." He admitted, trying to not let it show that he was thinking of just that.

The two would then ironically go straight to thinking about what would happen when they would get to Lurelin Village. Would this crazy situation surrounding (Y/n) be believed by the locals? If it wasn't for everything the prince experienced thus far, it would have took quite some time for him to even believe it himself. It was just so fantastical and something that he had never heard of happening before.

"...Are you nervous, (Y/n)? About when we get to your hometown?" Sidon asked with a soft voice, as (Y/n) sighed.

"Yes, very much. I left so abruptly, and I didn't tell them the truth to start with. I thought it was so ridiculous, they would have thought I was some strange Zora who did something wrong. Admittedly, I was quite freaked out, and just wanted to get to the bottom of this curse. Yet, here I am, barely any closer to the answer to how to return to my original body. The chief of the village is watching over my body, and I have a lot to give back to him for helping keep watch over it for all this time. I feel guilty, but it just seemed far too risky to take it with me, anything could have happened to my original body out on the road. It seemed much safer to keep it at the village." (Y/n) reasoned with a ramble, starting to pace anxiously back and forth.

Was she being too selfish? Was she doing the right thing? She was not quite sure of any of this.

"There is no need to feel guilty for what has already been done, (Y/n). Besides, we are heading there right now to clear the air, and if there are any problems, I can handle it. Think of it as thanks for helping me yet again on this expedition." Sidon gave her an encouraging smile, which made (Y/n)'s nerves ease up. He was such a ball of positivity, it was impossible to stay negative for long.