SARAH
I'm lucky to have you as a friend, Stephen.

They share a warm embrace.

STEPHEN
Let's not wait too long for the next
catch-up session, alright?

SARAH
Deal! I promise I'll make more time for
 fun and friendship.

EXT. RESTAURANT PARKING LOT - NIGHT

Sarah and Stephen stand near the edge of the well-lit restaurant patio, engrossed in conversation and laughter.

As Sarah glances around, she notices a subtle movement in the shadows, a flicker of movement that catches her attention.

SARAH
(serious)
Hey... Did you see someone over there?

Before Stephen can respond, Sarah's instincts kick in, and she reacts on impulse.

SARAH
(startled)
Hey!

She shouts towards the figure, hoping to catch them off guard. The mysterious person swiftly darts away, disappearing into the darkness.

SARAH (CONT'D)
(determined)
Oh no, you don't!

Sarah bolts towards her car, determined to find out who was watching them.

STEPHEN
(yelling)
Sarah! Sarah, where are you going?! Sarah!

Worried but trusting his friend, Stephen follows closely behind, trying to keep up with Sarah's urgency.

As Sarah reaches her car, she swings the driver's door open, hastily tossing her jacket and purse onto the backseat. Her heart races as she swiftly fastens her seatbelt.

STEPHEN
(worried)
Are you crazy?!

SARAH
(focused)
Buckle up.

Stephen's confusion quickly turns into shock as the car suddenly accelerates with surprising force, pushing him back into his seat.

STEPHEN
(stammering)
What? How...

SARAH
(determined)
Just hold on!

With the engine roaring, Sarah chases after the figure's escape vehicle. The adrenaline in her veins fuels her pursuit, while Stephen tries to steady himself, now fastening his seatbelt in response to the sudden acceleration.

The hooded figure slides into an old, vintage 1999 car and speeds off, Sarah closely tailing them, determined to uncover the truth behind their suspicious behavior.

ZOOM INTO THE BACKSEAT

Inside Sarah's purse lies her phone, partially sticking out, revealing Catherine's missed calls, three times.

INT. JAMES'S LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

 JAMES'S LIVING ROOM - NIGHT