Chapter One

Chapter One - The Monsters Are Due on Haisley's Street (Part One)

EXT. The Allans House - DAY

As we zoom in closer to Allan's house, we can hear the sound of arguing. The screaming echoes louder and louder as if the walls themselves are vibrating with tension.

Jo and Ian are in the midst of a heated argument, but this is no ordinary disagreement. The air is thick with anger and resentment, and their words are like daggers, cutting through the air and leaving wounds in their wake.

INT. LIVING ROOM MODERN COZY - DAY

Jo and Ian stand in the living room, each of them glaring at the other with eyes that are fuming with anger

Jo and Ian stand in the living room, each of them glaring at the other with eyes that are fuming with anger. Their bodies are tense, their fists clenched at their sides.

JO
That is not what you said! You're changing the story!

IAN
Are you even listening to yourself?! Have you actually forgotten everything?!

JO
You were barely there! You're never there! I practically raised them!

IAN
OH? Is that so? Not our babysitter?! Because trust me she
has clocked in more time than you ever did!

JO
Don't you dare say that when you've only shown
up to set with them twice! Who was there the rest
of the time?! And not to mention Justin's baseball
games, who went to those?! HUH?

Their voices start to fade in and out, creating an echoing sound as we pan around them.
The tension is so high that it feels like the house itself is shaking with the force of their voices. Every word they scream at each other seems to reverberate through the walls, amplifying the intensity of their argument.

It's clear that this isn't just a simple disagreement - this is a full-blown confrontation...

and the stakes are high.

IAN
You know you're an absolute control freak, right?

JO
(shocked)
What?!

IAN
Yeah, you're a control freak. YOU'RE A CONTROL FREAK.

JO
What on earth are you talking about? What are you
talking about?!

IAN
Not just to our kids but to the entire family, you're a
control freak!

JO
At least I try to manage everything! What on earth have
you been doing?!

As the camera pans around the room, we catch a glimpse of the hallway leading to the front door. In the shadows, we see a little girl peaking around the corner of a staircase.