Chapter 20

(( just in case you guys were wondering this is what Evan looks like in my eyes! I hope you enjoy the chapter))

Hazel's POV

We are all riding in separate cars and I'm thankful for that or else Evan would see the basketball that still needs to be signed.

I get there so early that not even all of the players are there yet. But I do get special privileges because of my dad.

I get the ball signed and quickly put it in the bag and by now people are starting to file in. I find a seat and 5 minutes later Evan shows up.

"Hey beautiful did you miss me?" He asked with a smirk on his face. "Uh yea duh but the real question is did you miss all this?" I said as I trailed my hand down my body. "Oh of course!" He exclaimed.

We made small talk and about 15 minutes later Chelsea and her boyfriend show up. Those crazy love birds. The walker up swinging their intertwined hands back and forth.

They sit down and start laughing with each other as if we aren't even here. "Um earth to Chelsea?!?" I yell sarcastically. "Oh um hey Hazel, what's up?" She says in a perky manor.

God that girl is a little weird sometimes but I do love her to death. "oh nothing much, I can tell you and lover boy are still going strong." I say and over dramatically wink.

The game finally starts and the real me comes out. I love basketball to death. I am trying out for JV because in 8th grade my coach said I was so amazing and that she and the high school coach would try and get me a spot on it.

"oh come on that was so unfair. She obviously traveled!!" I yell. I sit down next to Evan since I stand up every 3 seconds. " ugh I don't like that girl anyways. She does terrible lay-ups. I don't even know how she could have possibly made it to starting lineup!" I whisper yell to Evan. He starts laughing so hard he looks like he is about to have a heart attack. I shoot him a death glare and he suddenly stopped. But then I started laughing and I leaned into him.

He gazed into each other's eyes and his lips came crashing to mine. It's so funny how we could be laughing and then in a split second turn into full on romance. It confuses me so much but that's what I like about us.

We talk and watch the game. All 4 of us are really bonding. So far this has been a great night.

Then I suddenly get a phone call from my mom. I answer the phone and I can tell she was so happy. "Hazel I have something to tell you and I just couldn't wait until you got home." "Okay what is it?" " Hazel, you are going to..." She stops mid sentence and I hear screeching and things crashing. I frantically say, " mom? Mom? Hello?" The line goes dead and I feel my legs buckle under me and everything goes dark.