Chapter 1

Hazel's POV

"Okay okay mom", I yell down the stairs. "You're going to be late", my mom yells back. Today is my 1st day of high school. Of course I'm not nervous! I love new surprising things. I can't wait to see my friends though! It's been 1 whole summer and I spent it mostly at home or with my boyfriend. Ahh my boyfriend. He is so cute and sweet and caring and charming... I could go on but before I can do so, I'm snapped back into reality from my little brother knocking on the bathroom door. Today he is sick. Poor little guy! He's missing his 1st day of school. I try to perfect my make-up and run down the stairs to have my "best homemade breakfast ever", according to my mom. She's a plastic surgeon and a model. She's only 32 but looks like she is 21. As I sit down for my breakfast my phone starts ringing. I look and see who it is... It's my boyfriend of course. Probably just calling to say good morning and how Important I am to him. I quickly finish my breakfast and hang up with my boyfriend and head to the bus stop.

I get to the bus stop in just the nick of time. I hop onto the bus as the music is blaring. It's pop music. I look at the bus driver. It's some random old lady. I'm pretty confused because normally old ladies hate noise but I'm guessing this lady is very different. I'm sitting with my best friend, Chelsea. She is beautiful! She has beautiful blonde, beach wavy hair and perfectly tanned, soft skin. Not to mention the perfect body especially for a 14 year old. I absolutely adore her. We immediately start talking about her new boyfriend and she shows me a picture. Apparently his name is Alex. He has blonde shaggy hair and is a surfer. So obviously they world be a perfect match! "So how long have you guys been dating" I ask. "Well today is our 1 month anniversary" she replies. " oh congrats" I say in the most girly voice possible. We both giggle and compare our schedules the rest of the ride. We have most of our classes together.

We get to school early so we try and figure out how to find all of our classes and get to them on time. Our 1st period is life science. BORING. 2nd is world history. 3rd is advanced math. Not to brag or anything but I'm pretty smart. Suddenly the bell rings and the school is flooded with high schoolers. I find my boyfriend, Evan and we walk to life science together. Chelsea, Evan and I all sit together. Our teacher is a younger lady who's name is Ms. April. She seems pretty nice but her desk is already a mess and it's only the first day of school. We suffer through first period and move onto 2nd. The rest of the day is good just boring.

I get home, finish my homework, eat dinner, shower and get ready for tomorrow. I finally climb in to bed at 10:45. I text my boyfriend goodnight and fall asleep quickly and start dreaming about the possibilities tomorrow.