Chapter 19

{{ the picture above is a picture I drew... I am a beginning drawer and I have never tried it before}}

Hazels POV

It is the day of the basketball game and I'm feeling pretty good! It's a Friday so everybody has school today but my doctor won't let me go. But after 4:15 today I can go do anything I want. I get caught up on my assignments and try to plan a little something for Evan.

He is always there for me and he deserves something. I call my mom and ask her to buy 3 bags of his favorite candy, a basketball and Jordan AJ XX9 basketball shoes size 9 in men's. They are almost 200 dollars but my mom doesn't care. Honestly we have tons of extra money to spend.

She drops them off at home and I get some mason jars, pour the candy in it & since his favorite candy is Reese's pieces, on the jar, I write "I love you to pieces "

I heard a rumor that Stephen curry was going to be at the game tonight. My dad knows the coach of his team and they have been buddies since high school. I ask my dad for Stephen curry's number because our family got to meet him 2 year ago.

I call him and he picks up on the 2nd ring. "hi Mr. Curry this is Hazel. you probably don't remember me but two years ago my family went and met you at one of your games. I was wondering if you could sign a basketball for me at the women's game tonight. It's for my boyfriend. I was recently diagnosed with cancer and he's been there for me and he sacrificed a lot so I want to repay him back with an awesome gift." He replies " oh yeah I do remember you of course I can it's a very sweet thing and I'm sorry that you got cancer" "it's okay thank you so much I guess I'll see you at the game" I reply. We hang up and it dawns on me, I just talked to Stephen curry.

I have everything planned out now. I get a red bag and put the candy and shoes in it. It's only 1 o'clock and there is nothing to do. I miss being with my friends. Speaking of friends, I have not talked to Chelsea in like 3 weeks. I get to see her tonight so hopefully that will make things better.

I fall asleep for 30 minutes and then look up cars online. I will be turning 15 in 2 months. Since it's October I will be turning 15 in December, which is pretty awesome because I get double presents because of Christmas. I'm happy that I will be able to drive soon.

After a while I remember that I have to pick out my clothes. I wear a baby blue crop top and pure white high waisted shorts. My mom had custom-made hair extensions to cover up the parts of my hair where it is falling out so I don't look like a granny. Today is pretty good so far. Let's hope it lasts.

I get in the shower and after I wish I wouldn't have washed my hair because now more hair has fallen out and I'm starting to cry. I quickly remember that I don't wanna look like I have been crying so I suck it up and get ready.

How am I suppose to get through this crap that life gives me? Let's hope that's the thing that doesn't last.