Chapter 16

Hazel's POV

It's been 2 days since I've gotten out of the hospital. The basketball game is on Friday and honestly I feel like crap. I'm going back to school today and I don't think I'll be able to last the day.

I get up, get dressed, curl my hair because honestly today is a special occasion. You get the idea right? I go down stairs and eat my breakfast, grab my stuff and run to the bus stop. The bus ride is pretty boring and quiet, especially because Chelsea isn't here.

We get to school and I'm walking into the building and somebody wraps their arms around my waist and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Hello beautiful, how are you?", I hear a sweet mesmerizing voice coo into my ear. It's Evan. I get butterflies in my stomach. "Great! How about your handsome self?" I reply. Before he has time to answer our lips crash together and he wraps his arm around my waist and its magical.

1,2,3,4,5,6 & 7th periods are so boring. I'm happy the the day is ending so I can get my homework done and invite my crazy boyfriend over.

It's 5:00 and I just finish my homework. I decide to listen to some music and do my hair and makeup. I eat dinner and call Evan over. About 15 minutes later I hear a loud knock on the door. I'm hoping it Evan but I'm wrong. A crazy man jumps on top of me and puts a knife to my throat. I'm stunned and confused. Tears start streaming down my face. This weird man starts stroking my hair then harshly rips it out. He threatens me that if I try and fight back he will kill me. What is happening?

I wake up to my parents hovering over me and my father is on the phone. I start speaking but all that comes out is gibberish. I suddenly fall back into darkness. Why is this happening?