Chapter 15

Hazel's POV

I lay in this hospital bed, lifeless, motionless and emotionless. My head feels like it's spinning. I can hear everything but I just can't react. I have a tube down my throat. My eyes finally open up and I see my mother and Evan sitting outside the window. I press the nurse call button and a nurse comes running in and takes the tube out of my throat. Evan and my mother notice and smiles instantly appear on their faces. I'm confused onto what had happened. I just play along with there excited ness. I start to have a coughing fit because there is so much discomfort in my throat. I try to sit up but fall right back down. I start to panic and try to speak. I try to scream and yell but nothing comes out. Tears start streaming down my face. My mother and Evan walk in and Evan catches the tears coming down my face. " what's wrong" he coos into my ear. Again I try to speak but nothing comes out. I use hand motions instead but miserably fail.

"Oh yea that's right you can't talk. Your voice should come back soon. Don't worry." He replies. "Just in case if you wanna know what happened, you were in a coma for 5 days so your treatment for this round is done. They still don't know what made you black out but they are working on it."

I'm discharged from the hospital. I'm practically starving so we stop and get some soup. Hopefully it will help my throat too.

We get home and I finish my soup. My dad walks in as I'm throwing away the container from the soup. He immediately wraps his arms around me.

I'm quite astonished at this act of kindness and slowly put my arms around him too, patting his back awkwardly.

"I thought you were going to die!" He cries. A few tears stream down his face. "But here you are, always proving me wrong."he chuckled.

He grabs something out of his bag. It's a little box of some sort. I open it and a beautiful necklace with a crystal clear diamond on the center sits inside. I gasp and throw my arms around him.

"This is an "I'm sorry for not paying attention to you as much" gift. "Do u you like it he asks.

"I love it dad thank you! I forgive you." We stand there for a while chatting and laughing. Things seem to be getting better.

A͟U͟T͟H͟O͟R͟S͟ N͟O͟T͟E͟: how did you guys like it. I hope it was at least enjoyable for most of you! Please vote. I might have to start giving more time I between updating because some of you are ghost readers. Thanks love you love bugs💖