10

So it's been a couple months......... but here's an update. It's random and out of the blue but I felt bad for leaving everyone hanging🧍‍♀️.

I'll try to update at least once a week for this story, I'm hoping to complete it within the next few months and then continue my others.

Have this short chapter while I contemplate on where to take this further 🦄🦄

Not proofread or edited (as per usual)

Giving your teacher an overly optimistic smile, you 'kindly' excused yourself into the hallway. This happened a few more times until the thin stack of papers in your hand became too much.

A mountain pile of worksheets for subjects that you didn't even know were an option.

3:04 pm

YOU
[picture]
is that everything?
I can't hold anymore
or my arms will break.

REO
Did you get the one
for economics?

YOU
no, do I have to?

REO
yes, thanks!

YOU
fine.

Putting your phone back into your pocket (with much difficulty), you lugged the ten pounds of paper upstairs.

ah.. it seems like there's a lesson going on...

You stood outside the door, pondering if you should just go in and disturb the class. Though you doubt it would be a good idea as you could already hear the angered screams from a clearly upset teacher through the thick door.

Setting the stack of worksheets down, you sat with your back leaned against the wall of the classroom, waiting for the class to be over so you could get on with your growing collection of Reo's worksheets.

It didn't take long though, because barely a minute passed by before the door violently swung outwards and a sea of students came rushing out.

As the amount of people thinned, you grabbed your things and stood up, preparing to recite the same sentence again.

But you were met with someone else standing before you.

"y/n?" a tired voice asked, one that you recognised all too well. "What are you doing here?" There was a hint of curiosity amidst the seemingly bored tone.

"I'm just here to get Reo's-"

"-where is he?" The moment his name left your lips, Nagi started looking left and right.

Though he was met with disappointment.

"Not here. So I need to collect his worksheet for him." You clarified, gesturing to the pile of worksheets you were already holding.

Nagi just mumbled some incoherent words, the only thing you could catch was something along the lines of '..mine... lost his...'. He dug through his school bag for a few seconds before pulling out and passing you a rather crumpled piece of paper that he'd stuffed into his bag.

Before you got to say your thanks, Nagi cut you off once again. "Is Reo at home? Are you going home now?"

"yes and yes." Picking up your pace, you followed him down the stairs

"hm.. I see. In that case let's go."

um, what?

"Let's go? go where?" You asked incredulously.

Surely he wasn't going to follow you home?

"Go home." Nagi replied casually, already walking to the school gates.

"First of all, stop walking so fast." Nagi stopped in his tracks, allowing you to catch up. "Second, aren't you supposed to have practice?"

Thinking to himself for a bit, you were met with a shake of his head. Since Reo wasn't there to force him, there was no need to got to practice.

"Okay, I think that's a lie. But even then, why would you need to follow me home?" You raised a brow, expecting him to say something like 'to see reo' or 'to play video games'.

"To help you carry the heavy worksheets." You felt a weight suddenly being lifted as Nagi promptly took the papers from you.

Your eyes widened a little, clearly not expecting the lazy Nagi to offer his help.

"Oh...thank you, Nagi. But are you sure you don't just want to see Reo?" You teased lightly.

"Nuh-uh, i'm just helping you take the worksheets home." He shook his head, walking down the last flight of stairs.

You followed after him, having a much better time now that your arms weren't holding a stack of papers.

"Okay then, since you're just following me home to lessen my burden, do you want to carry my bag for me too?" Giving him a bright innocent expression, Nagi eyed you with uncertainty before quietly taking your bag from your shoulder.

Oh.

You didn't think he'd actually take it.

No, you were just playing around with him.

"hm, it is quite heavy." Nagi mumbled, though you didn't hear it because you were far too busy being shocked and flustered by his actions.

"You don't have to! I was just kidding!" Your eyes widened as you tried to take your bag back, feeling sightly guilty for making him carry everything for you.

"It's fine, let's go." He said, positioning your bag in a more comfortable way.

You didn't bother to argue with him, only accepting his help and eyeing his muscular arms. Nagi always wore hoodies and sweaters which tend to hide his muscles very well. You never realised until now just how strong this guy is.

"Did you forget something in class..?" Nagi looked over his shoulder at you who stopped walking a few seconds ago for some reason.

Snapping out of your daze, you quickly shook your head and apologised. Walking over to him, you noticed the way he watched your every step with curious eyes.

— 24th January 2024 —
921